The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

They were about £11k when I bought mine; whereas the M400 was £4k; a massive increase for an extra 1" and self drive; what's the £damage these days?

£7200, all Jo Beau products were reduced in price 1st Jan this year, this has had a massive impact on sales.

Just like forestry then! Except it seems nice when you're buying something! £10-11k in 2008, £7200 in 2015?! That's a huge drop against inflation...

I can't speak for anyone else but our prices are always kept as low as possible, we told Jo Beau to gain their market share back we needed to be competitive although you will always pay more for a premium product.

Joined the club this spring.

Usually I only do stumps, but could not pass this exotic one from Italy.

GX390, drum, the infeed chute can be flipped towards the engine, the spout can be removed and the best: a hydraulic feed, which I did not saw often in this class. Reverse and forward for sure.

Downside is the weight, 250kgs and were the wee wheels, which I replaced with larger puncture proof ones. The painting seems a bit weak.

For easier maneuvering I installed the bar with a coupler, so I can pull it with my skid steer dumper, the hitch drive finally found it's purpose too, easier manual movement.

So far it's pretty nice to use, the hydraulic feed is a pleasure.:thumbup:

Time will tell how it's gonna hold up.

DSC_0099.jpg.bbb1e3a200d6a9bb859a1fcba564f798.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg.39e1ef4010095df553910eb6e8adb3fa.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg.7f054eb7c0b7642e9dd2de90abefb509.jpg

Edited by marne