The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

1 hour ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Pity you couldn't set fire too it!

Please see other posts about my aversion to unnecessary burning due to being a smelly hippy.

Anyway, I hired in a proper chipper for the day. Still got my pocket chipper on call, but I'd have been there for weeks clearing everything, especially after the excavator dragged my neat rows of lined-up butt ends into a few tall heaps. Money well spent.

20210301_174333.jpg

• Like 3

Blimey Tim, you were busy with that! Being on the Isle might be a benefit or a hindrance too! Ring Ted and see if he knows anyone? He might be at home with it being windy  - or he may have packed for a few days and gone on Monday!

Cheers Pete, I'm actually up in Inverness these days, forming an in house team for the highland council, which may be more or less of a hindrance! 

It's done some work, they are great little machines, I'm tempted to keep it, but her in doors is on the case!

Edited by Tim Stobart Tree Surgery
Adding to post.
  • Haha 1

Cheers Pete, I'm actually up in Inverness these days, forming an in house team for the highland council, which may be more or less of a hindrance! 

It's done some work, they are great little machines, I'm tempted to keep it, but her in doors is on the case!
Think of Gloria, you'd end up regretting it and having to buy it back.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tim Stobart Tree Surgery said:

Tell her you will sell if she sell some shoes......

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect both are now available.  I know what you mean about the chute extension; my (second) Jo Beau has a chute 8" taller than that on the old one.  It means I can now chip into the Navara with the tailgate up which I couldn't do before; it's made a big difference to what I can chip straight in as opposed to shovelling in later.

• Like 3