The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

On 21/11/2020 at 19:38, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Probably £4 grand and it takes up to 75mm in diameter. Better off with a TW13/75 at £3 grand plus vat but weights 188 kgs so you need ramps to get it in and out of van.

Don’t they just drop the chip on the floor though? 

5 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

Don’t they just drop the chip on the floor though? 

They do, and they don't do it as well as the entec treebuster that they replaced. Horrible machines, and a real step down from any of the drum style micro chippers popular today. Solidly built, but that's about the only thing going for them

• Like 1

I'm looking for a small chipper to keep an acre under control, with a budget of say 800-1000 - not a lot I know.  What would people recommend?  

The Hyundai HYCH-7070e-2 looked a reasonable bet.  Otherwise what looks to be in my price range are old Camon C150s or possibly some new unknown blue one that is all over ebay.

2 hours ago, konradtree said:

I'm looking for a small chipper to keep an acre under control, with a budget of say 800-1000 - not a lot I know.  What would people recommend?  

The Hyundai HYCH-7070e-2 looked a reasonable bet.  Otherwise what looks to be in my price range are old Camon C150s or possibly some new unknown blue one that is all over ebay.

All the Chinese ones are much of a muchness. You might want to add a couple of hundred to your budget to get the larger engined models however.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2020 at 17:17, tree_beard said:

They do, and they don't do it as well as the entec treebuster that they replaced. Horrible machines, and a real step down from any of the drum style micro chippers popular today. Solidly built, but that's about the only thing going for them

Never understood why the treebusta couldnt have continued, albeit in orange guise. Superb bit of kit. Its replacement really is one of the worst of its size out there

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/12/2020 at 12:52, konradtree said:

...some new unknown blue one that is all over ebay.

This yoke right here?

I do worry that this particular chipper might actually be too wee for this thread. I've only had about 2 hours on it so far, but it hasn't exploded yet...

15hp, chipper for branches up to 10cm in the side, shredder for bits up to 1cm on top. I honestly can't complain about it so far, obviously it takes a bit longer to prep what you feed it, but I'm saving anything bigger than 10cm for firewood anyway.

20210114_160141.jpg

9 hours ago, Jody Lukins said:

Hi,

Has anyone modified the drawbar on the GreenMech CS100 to include a 50mm Maypole ball hitch?

I’m currently using the Clevis hitch but I have to keep removing the ball hitch from the ride on which is a pain.

cheers

Jody

9A02EB88-3DC3-4989-99E4-DD35CF921AB3.jpeg

Yes, I did that as soon as I got the machine. I just made a new drawbar out of 50mm box to keep the original one incase I ever sold it.

Of course, 6 years later, the location of the original drawbar is now unknown :laugh1:

• Like 1