Jump to content
TimberCutterDartmoor

The Wee Chipper Club

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Yes the weight is a problem with the TW 13/75 but I would like to attach a wider funnel so the hedges don't get stuck as much then it would be hard to beat.

That would be a massive improvement as it’s a pretty bomb proof piece of kit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

That would be a massive improvement as it’s a pretty bomb proof piece of kit.

That's the only thing wrong with it and there would be a market for the wider funnels. Yeah made like forth rail bridge, far too heavy but will last for decades. Brandon hire bought 75 of them to hire out, I read somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello, our Haecksler chippers are entirely built in Europe. 
 
Except for the engines that come from Honda or Briggs. The difference with the Chinese machines is, in addition to the higher price for labor, also in the highest quality parts that we mount on our machines. Also a strong frame and a precise construction is what makes these chippers work so well.  

Ps. I did not take the time yet to announce this on Arbtalk but we have launched our newly designed Haecksler 4. Here 's a picture!
1975706027_H4EP18HP.thumb.jpg.9fb805fe45e9d8811b352dd611d9eaac.jpg
1445046116_H413HP.thumb.jpg.56af0fab20fc086b5e7ebfdd3f1d8d21.jpg
Has there become any improvements to machine other than its looks? Also just thinking is blades position adjustable? Just have read that blade angels are usually very specific to feeding works how it should and when blade is sharpened that should have effect to feeding I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, osku said:
On 21/11/2020 at 16:03, Josh u a Tree said:
Hello, our Haecksler chippers are entirely built in Europe. 
 
Except for the engines that come from Honda or Briggs. The difference with the Chinese machines is, in addition to the higher price for labor, also in the highest quality parts that we mount on our machines. Also a strong frame and a precise construction is what makes these chippers work so well.  

Ps. I did not take the time yet to announce this on Arbtalk but we have launched our newly designed Haecksler 4. Here 's a picture!
1975706027_H4EP18HP.thumb.jpg.9fb805fe45e9d8811b352dd611d9eaac.jpg
1445046116_H413HP.thumb.jpg.56af0fab20fc086b5e7ebfdd3f1d8d21.jpg

Read more  

Has there become any improvements to machine other than its looks? Also just thinking is blades position adjustable? Just have read that blade angels are usually very specific to feeding works how it should and when blade is sharpened that should have effect to feeding I think.

Hi Osku. That's right: the position and sharpening angle of the knives is very important. We have experimented a lot with this in the past and came to the conclusion that the sharpening angle should be 30 degrees. Even with a deviation of 2 degrees, the performance is significantly reduced.

The blades are fixed to the drum but the counter-knife is adjustabe. However, this is only to correct distance after grinding and does not mean you can adjust to create bigger or smaller chips. Regarding the innovations:  the most recent improvement is the lay up of the branches in the funnel. More space has been created which improved ergonomy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well haecksler 4 arrived few days ago. I haven't ever used cs100 but two different Chinese machines and GTM 900, but compared to those the haecksler is totally different. Feeding hopper is big and very solid. Two rows of safety curtains block nicely back flying chips. Our machine is with 18hp engine and with that it eats easily 9cm branches. At worksite ground man can chip branches as they come down and there will not be big piles. I was little bit worried about fuel consumption but in real work it doesn't seem to be that bad. Filling up the tank is little bit pain but having a proper can helps a lot. Both feeding and output hoppers have safety switches what is nice safety feature. Blades seem to be very good quality but we will see how long they last. IMG_20201210_143242.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, osku said:

Well haecksler 4 arrived few days ago. I haven't ever used cs100 but two different Chinese machines and GTM 900, but compared to those the haecksler is totally different. Feeding hopper is big and very solid. Two rows of safety curtains block nicely back flying chips. Our machine is with 18hp engine and with that it eats easily 9cm branches. At worksite ground man can chip branches as they come down and there will not be big piles. I was little bit worried about fuel consumption but in real work it doesn't seem to be that bad. Filling up the tank is little bit pain but having a proper can helps a lot. Both feeding and output hoppers have safety switches what is nice safety feature. Blades seem to be very good quality but we will see how long they last. IMG_20201210_143242.jpeg

What’s the price comparison with this machine and the Greenmech/Jobeau options in this size?

It certainly looks an impressive machine in the promo stuff.

Edited by The avantgardener

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2020 at 19:38, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Probably £4 grand and it takes up to 75mm in diameter. Better off with a TW13/75 at £3 grand plus vat but weights 188 kgs so you need ramps to get it in and out of van.


Don’t they just drop the chip on the floor though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.