TimberCutterDartmoor

The Wee Chipper Club

I think I'll try adjusting my anvil next blade turn.

Thuya comes out in long shreds.

Such is the quality of the Chinesium engineering, that the blade anvil gap does not appear to be consistant along the length of the blades but my French climber who owns a CS100 (Arbo18) says his is the same.

It has been 8 years since I took a CS100 apart but the memory of trying to undo those fecking blade bolts will live with me forever.

Stuart

• Like 1

Weld a nut to the bolts, once you have filled the middle of the nut up the heat will make it come out easy. New bolts aren’t expensive and it saves skinned knuckles and rounded Alien keys/ holes .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will C said:

Weld a nut to the bolts, once you have filled the middle of the nut up the heat will make it come out easy. New bolts aren’t expensive and it saves skinned knuckles and rounded Alien keys/ holes .

I never had a problem getting CS100 blade blots out as long as you take care to clean out the grunge for good Allen key engagement, give them a sharp hit with a good Hammer, use and impact driver if you have to even. My son goosed one several years ago in error and as you say, clean it up, puddle weld a nut to it a bosh! Job done.

• Like 1

Yes, I've now an impact driver, a sack of fresh nuts and a friendly local engineering company to run to if Mr Cockup comes to call.

Stuart

• Like 1

Been sending my Jo Beau blades to Top Cut Saws Ltd at Windsor for years with very good service and workmanship every time.

About £85 inc postage.

16 hours ago, nepia said:

Been sending my Jo Beau blades to Top Cut Saws Ltd at Windsor for years with very good service and workmanship every time.

About £85 inc postage.

Would hope so at £85 for a sharpen! How many blades is that for the money?

3 hours ago, nepia said:

2x 12" reversible blades ground to different angles each side; 8ft of grinding.

Same amount of grinding as a CS100 blade then. Front angle, back angle, reversible blades x2. 

Doesn't really take much longer to grind a pair than a single as they go side by side anyhow. 30 mins work 🙂

Might stick my prices up 🤔

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Thanks 1