The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, Nick703 said:

My first post but been reading this for a long time, thought you might like to see my beast , it started life as a rock machinery 13hp thing, it’s been a 20hp for probably two years now ?

4F0DCFDC-90B9-42E4-97A7-F6CE39253460.jpeg

4B6C8A63-23BF-4FBA-B842-BD4A993793EB.jpeg

Looks good, I might give my Hyundai another chance and do that!

Its basically the same machine so should work fine.

Did you have to change the drive wheel(s) to make it run at the correct speed,  or did it just work ok?

Cheers 

3 minutes ago, william127 said:

Looks good, I might give my Hyundai another chance and do that!

Its basically the same machine so should work fine.

Did you have to change the drive wheel(s) to make it run at the correct speed,  or did it just work ok?

Cheers 

Just had To get a pulley for the engine, ordered one that looked the same size as on the 13hp engine with twin belt groves, same battery,same belts as original, only problem I had was it kept smashing blades but that’s sorted now,the price I pay for blades i don’t bother having them re sharpened . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nick703 said:

Just had To get a pulley for the engine, ordered one that looked the same size as on the 13hp engine with twin belt groves, same battery,same belts as original, only problem I had was it kept smashing blades but that’s sorted now,the price I pay for blades i don’t bother having them re sharpened . 

Cheers, I'll start looking for an engine?

I've more than had my money's worth out of my chipper but the engine has let it down by being really unreliable recently.  I dont use it much, which is part of the problem,  so I've been thinking of getting shot but I think I'll look properly into this. 

Especially with a 50% power upgrade!

31 minutes ago, william127 said:

Cheers, I'll start looking for an engine?

I've more than had my money's worth out of my chipper but the engine has let it down by being really unreliable recently.  I dont use it much, which is part of the problem,  so I've been thinking of getting shot but I think I'll look properly into this. 

Especially with a 50% power upgrade!

I had a loncin vtwin engine on it after the 13hp one packed up , didn’t last long so thought I’ll get a new Honda engine for it, cost nearly as much as the chipper ? but well worth it, it really is a beast now and would throw chip over the top of my truck,If you’ve got a use for a small chipper you’ll not regret it ?