TimberCutterDartmoor

The Wee Chipper Club

11 hours ago, PeteB said:

I understand that a very recent accident resulted in the loss of a limb, and no amount of "my risk assessment says....." Or "my method statement says....." will make an arm grow back!

Do you have any info on this accident?

Stuart

10 hours ago, billpierce said:
21 hours ago, clint said:
Just come across this, Lumag Rambo HC 15H
Seems a bit slow tho

Does seem pretty slow, I used a non feed lumag recently and it seemed to chip much faster than that.

A 14hp CS100 positively rips stuff from your hands.

An 18hp is like feeding a starved pitbull with Vespasians still warm corpse.

Stuart

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Do you have any info on this accident?
Stuart

I’ll not say any more at this point Stuart. I’d think that there is a proper investigation going on to the whys and wherefore and so on. Further comment wouldn’t be wise!

18 hours ago, Clicky said:

Just wondering if anyone has put greedy boards on a barrow and chipped into that?? Pictures if possible aswell??

If you happen to have a CS100 you can chip directly into a "council" wheelie bin. Probably easier to move around and more capacity.

3 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

If you happen to have a CS100 you can chip directly into a "council" wheelie bin. Probably easier to move around and more capacity.

this works really well but because of the hard wheels  in winter you need to  set up on hard standing so less likely to get as close to the tree as you would like 

58 minutes ago, Cheesy pete said:

this works really well but because of the hard wheels  in winter you need to  set up on hard standing so less likely to get as close to the tree as you would like 

Wonder if you could stick some pneumatic wheels off a fishing trolley on a wheelie bin...

• Like 1