The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Depends on what you use it for. In gardens, not having a swivel chute really isn't an issue since the thing is so easy to move.

When I have my Rock Machinery mounted on my trailer she only chips into the right hand side of my box, which is annoying, but hardly the end of the world.

I just watched a video of the Beaver in action, it looks, sounds and chips just like mine (can't really see any fault in it).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, clint said:

For me and my budget, I've narrowed it down to either the Rock Venom or the Titan Beaver equivalent. Pros of the Titan Beaver is the swivel discharge chute, but then I can't help wondering if the swivel discharge chute for the titan beaver would fit the rock venom?

https://www.titan-pro.co.uk/p/4771/Discharge-Chute

I have had exactly the same thoughts about my Hyundai, which also looks exactly the same. So that spout in the link could be very useful, thanks!

For me not being able to swivel the spout is a real pain, there's nothing worse than having to manhandle the branches around the whole machine in a tight space.

• Like 1

I have the titan beaver but with the old style spout and have been in the market for the swivel spout I inquired about it  8 months ago  but they didn't have any to buy at the time as they only had the ones on the new machine 

last month they phoned me back and said they were available for £90  which is a bit of a bargin  but I have no spare cash at the moment as I have to replace my Van  if you guys get one i would love to know how it performs compared with the old style

Edited by Cheesy pete
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark Wileman said:

Depends on what you use it for. In gardens, not having a swivel chute really isn't an issue since the thing is so easy to move.

When I have my Rock Machinery mounted on my trailer she only chips into the right hand side of my box, which is annoying, but hardly the end of the world.

I just watched a video of the Beaver in action, it looks, sounds and chips just like mine (can't really see any fault in it).

Does the Rock Venom have a counter blade like in this video?

Reason I ask is that on their website, you can buy replacement blades but can't see anything about the counter blade.

Edited by clint