The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

5 hours ago, nepia said:

Richard1234; although such machines are rated at 3" or 4" it's possible to chip almost anything with them if you only have a few large pieces to chip.  I have a Jo Beau M300 and I've chipped a few 5-6" thick lengths with it.  You have to hang onto one end to start with and use your arms as the stress control but when the log gets too short just let go and give the chipper time to fling it about until it's gone - that can take a while!

As said this only applies if you have a few bigger pieces but if all the branches are 4" then you're right, you need a bigger machine.

Does that guide you at all?  Just don't be frightened to let a 4" thick log drop into a wee chipper!

It does help thanks!

i think The 3 inch will do 95% of it so if I can’t find a 4 inch machine to hire I’ll go for the Timberwolf.

id Say at the thick end 75% will be about 2 inches. It’s just the odd few that are bigger

23 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

It does help thanks!

i think The 3 inch will do 95% of it so if I can’t find a 4 inch machine to hire I’ll go for the Timberwolf.

id Say at the thick end 75% will be about 2 inches. It’s just the odd few that are bigger

Was dissapointed when i tried the timberwolf compared to others. It just did not perform as well, and the discharge system was out the side with no adjustment.

Why they stopped making the treebusta when they went from entec is beyond me, as that was a proven design!

10 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Was dissapointed when i tried the timberwolf compared to others. It just did not perform as well, and the discharge system was out the side with no adjustment.

Why they stopped making the treebusta when they went from entec is beyond me, as that was a proven design!

Treebustas were brilliant - bomb proof. Many years back Entec claimed that the only Treebusta known to be out of action was one that had ben dropped from a crane. All others were still in use!

The new design came in, which was worse and the retail price went up a grand!

I still have the original invoice for my old treebusta somewhere - it was under £3k.

I guess TW wanted to increase their profits???

• Haha 1

Well have read through most of what on this board and I guess likely to buy new, as I am a domestic user with a lot of trees and at the moment leaning toward the Jensen its 1500E at around £2000.

Jo Beau and Greenmech would be outside my budget even secondhand.

Would be interested to hear what people think. Regards. Steve

Steve, I considered the Jansen too. In the end I got the Jo Beau M250 ("garden line" instead of "pro line") for a bit more money and have been very happy.

What turned me off from Jansen was not only that it's Chinese made but that the same machine appears on the market under different names (and prices)... see for instance here. So probably they are all made in the same place and simply painted over.

But the last straw was that I asked for the dimensions of the GTS-2000 (I was considering this one and the 1500), and they sent me this:

DK-800-BS-02.JPG.6e6face143de22a7a78d854276cb40e5.JPG

On Deleks' website I found what amounts to the same machine and (surprise!) the following pic:

DK-800-BS-02.JPG

Looks like they had just photoshopped the brand into the pic ? Makes one wonder about the machines themselves.

So in the end I went for something made by a company this board trusts.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Hi George

Very interesting post and I agree with yourself a lot of these machines are just rebadged.

I spoke to chap a Rock Machinery about their 13 HP Briggs and Stratton chipper, as I had concerns that this was also likely to be yet another rebadged product. They informed me that only the metal fabrication was undertaken in China i.e the hopper/shute and the quality control and assembly was undertaken in the UK, so I thought this might also be an option.

I am please your happy with your Jo Beau M320 and I will revisit the spec as most of the chipping on my plot are likely to be on conifers . Thanks for your very useful comments. Regards Steve

In that video on the link, the chip throw is just overwhelming.

I'm not sure it would even reach the back of my truck in a light breeze.

Is there anyone out there who has put some serious hours on one of this type of machine?

We have a CS100 with over 300hrs and it is still punching above it's weight and still in great condition.

Stuart

• Like 1