The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Another happy intelligent Tree Surgeon receiving the Peruzzo TB100-C.

Demo took 2 mins and was ordered.

Was more excited than me.

Plenty of stock so get in touch if you want a demo.IMG_20180816_205134_655.thumb.jpeg.09003ad4052bcc9767b461be25ff07c0.jpeg

Just don’t get why you need a chipper of this size in tracks. Surely you can just push it about if it’s on wheels?
  • Haha 1

Hi Will.

Unfortunately the world isn't flat and a lot of jobs aren't on hard ground. The tracks also are a big help getting them on and off a trailer. 650mm wide means it goes through the garage door, down the side of the house up the steps and chips in situ. Hope this helps.. 

• Like 1

Are you implying that people who buy other makes aren't intelligent? 

However, I'm glad that you are getting some benefit from the hard work and development pains that us manufacturers go through. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Speaking as a former owner but still a regular user, the CS100 could be updated (in my humble opinion)

A chute which swivels would be an asset.

The 'option' to replace the leg with a third wheel, electric motor within guided by a handlebar.

Fantasy talk?

Could put 2 motorised wheels on instead like the predator 460 grinder?

WTF do I know anyway of research and development...

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PeteB said:

However, I'm glad that you are getting some benefit from the hard work and development pains that us manufacturers go through. 

you could knock your own version up and see if they sell..

I might be tempted to put longer tracks on it though for extra stability..  

perhaps include a tow ball on for an extra gimmick to tow around a trailer on site..  theres always those who want the better bigger shinier version..   might not sell a great deal but would look pretty cool in the catalogue..  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Will Heal said:

Just don’t get why you need a chipper of this size in tracks. Surely you can just push it about if it’s on wheels?

Pushing even the small chippers isn't always as easy as you might think.  My Jo Beau is 45kg lighter than the CS100 and isn't usually a problem but I would regularly struggle with a CS100.

On Monday I'll be strapping the Jo Beau to a tracked barrow to take it down, and later up, 30 yds of 1 in 3 slope.  If it was on its own tracks the task would be even simpler and for all the other days... anywhere wheels can go tracks can go.

Think of loading too.  I've said before that pulling the 145kg JB up ramps onto the pickup is fine but would be easier with tracks; I'd need longer, fixed, ramps for a CS100 without tracks.

As a mini chipper user I totally get the Peruzzo; the tracks aren't always needed but when they are they are a huge plus.

Edited by nepia

9 hours ago, PeteB said:

It does read a bit like that doesn't it

46 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

you could knock your own version up and see if they sell..

I might be tempted to put longer tracks on it though for extra stability..  

perhaps include a tow ball on for an extra gimmick to tow around a trailer on site..

If the chipper on top of the tracks is a clone where is the trackbase and its engine from?

I've only used a small  petrol engined gravity disc chipper way back and the chuck and duck was a massive american machine but on small suburban garden jobs  I wonder how these small drum chippers handle  tangled shrubby material. IME the Dosko single feed roller is frustrating but the forst 6 inch coped fine.

Hi Will.
Unfortunately the world isn't flat and a lot of jobs aren't on hard ground. The tracks also are a big help getting them on and off a trailer. 650mm wide means it goes through the garage door, down the side of the house up the steps and chips in situ. Hope this helps.. 

Will it go down and up these steps?
IMG_4718.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AHPP said:

Will it go down and up these steps?
IMG_4718.jpg

I would highly doubt it.  Thats where the manual ones come into their own.  Tracked might be easier but a manual will be far more useful overall.  Afterall, the whole point of tracks it for access.  For a machine that can be wheeled in reasonably easy then I don't see the point in the extra expense