The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Morning folks,

I am officially asking if I can get my membership to the club after purchasing one of these  I built it on Saturday and started using yesterday on a trailer of brash I had approx 2-4" diameter and it ate through it quickly about 10 mins for the full trailer and fitted into one of those tonne bags so am very impressed on how it handled the branches pulling them out of my hands.

The assembly instructions were non existent and I had to follow the photos from the website to build it. The instruction manual is rubbish and as much use as a chocolate fire guard. They have included the Briggs manual.

A couple of quick questions for these type of machines. How do you go about and adjusting the anvil and what are the correct settings? How often do you lube the bearings on the drums and by how much? and how do you tension the belts as there is no obvious bolts to tighten / slacken the bolts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

CS100 18hp Vanguard Briggs & Stratton question:

Just did an oil change and spark plug change and machine is not starting??  

Weirdly as it turns over, unburnt fuel appears to be leaking through the underside of the exhaust (it must be porous I guess) - is it just flooded?

Any tips/suggestions welcome.

1 hour ago, Jase hutch said:

Is the belt guard in place and the red stop switch pulled fully up  ?

Also it's worth checking the engine oil level, with this engine if the fuel tap isn't turned off after use , fuel can get into the sump and dilute the engine oil.

Red stop button - doh.

:$

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jase hutch said:

Also it's worth checking the engine oil level, with this engine if the fuel tap isn't turned off after use , fuel can get into the sump and dilute the engine oil.

Is this a real issue? I've never turned it off.....even once, in fact the lever fell off and is lost..... haven't ever noticed an increase in oil level though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, buffalo606 said:

Red stop button - doh.

:$

If its any consolation, my mate left one of his lads using his cs100 while he was up a tree, and the machine stopped. He came down and could no re start it. The remaining brash got hauled away at expense, and the cs100 stripped down in his spare time. 

It was only after lots of effing and blinding did the lad ask if it was anything to do with the red stop button he had pressed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Luckyeleven said:

Is this a real issue? I've never turned it off.....even once, in fact the lever fell off and is lost..... haven't ever noticed an increase in oil level though.

It seems to be more of an issue if the chipper is moved in transit and the tap is left turned on, fuel can get past the needle valve in the carb and ends up in the engines sump.

I know the design of the fuel tap leaves a lot to be desired, the later ones are better now.

On 12/03/2018 at 10:02, bazoo132 said:

Morning folks,

I am officially asking if I can get my membership to the club after purchasing one of these  I built it on Saturday and started using yesterday on a trailer of brash I had approx 2-4" diameter and it ate through it quickly about 10 mins for the full trailer and fitted into one of those tonne bags so am very impressed on how it handled the branches pulling them out of my hands.

The assembly instructions were non existent and I had to follow the photos from the website to build it. The instruction manual is rubbish and as much use as a chocolate fire guard. They have included the Briggs manual.

A couple of quick questions for these type of machines. How do you go about and adjusting the anvil and what are the correct settings? How often do you lube the bearings on the drums and by how much? and how do you tension the belts as there is no obvious bolts to tighten / slacken the bolts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Baz

Of course you can join the club Baz, all makes welcome....Good to know that while Peruzzo copied GreenMech - at least they made a complete hash of the finer points like manuals etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jase hutch said:

It seems to be more of an issue if the chipper is moved in transit and the tap is left turned on, fuel can get past the needle valve in the carb and ends up in the engines sump.

I know the design of the fuel tap leaves a lot to be desired, the later ones are better now.

Mine is around 2016, is this a later one? Symptoms include I presume increased engine wear. Mine is being lugged around several times a month on a trailer, with the tap always on. Got me worried now!