The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I've just started doing my first blade change on my CS100 - it's not easy but they have been in for ages.

Regarding the condition of the blades in the picture, mine are in a similar state and there was a notable drop in performance recently to how it was when I got it. My little TW10/100G was the same. Gravity fed chippers need sharp blades. Roller fed machines will press on to some degree. The biggest niggle I find with the CS100 when it gets blunt is that it doesn't cut fine stuff like birch tips. It throws them out in foot long bits. It doesn't feed so well and struggles a lot with the bigger branches too.

My advice - keep the stuff you're chipping spotlessly clean and rotate/sharpen the blades as soon as you feel it's starting to slow down.

• Like 2

Hi Arbtalk I've been a lurker for ages. 

I'm just starting out and have a wee bit of cash in the bank to buy a second hand 

Jo beau M500 cheap/fair price, or a Jo beau M400.

I'd really like the M500 but it depends on the price.

Can you ping me if your looking to upgrade or if you know of another member who might, ta. Ben