The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

If you're struggling to pull your wee chipper onto a trailer or into a van then fit something you can attach a pulley system too to get it in the van or trailer.. make a cheap 3 in 1 pulley system...

An obvious solution if you have anything strong enough to take it. The early D40s had factory-fitted (welded and bolted) ladder racks. The later ones had bare rear screens!

£225 got me an ally rack held in place with 5 self-tapping bolts!

Not rubbishing your suggestion at all; I only wish it was feasible to put into action. I would love to hitch a rope onto the Jo Beau and wind a coffee grinder handle, grinning smugly as the beast inched its way up the ramps.

The problem I see with a winch (or pulleys/ropes like I had been using) is that the chipper only has a single axle so it actually needs supported as it goes up the ramps. A full width ramp/tailgate is a different kettle of fish but I think to work properly you'd need a jockey wheel on the chipper (like some of the Jo Beau mini chippers)

The problem I see with a winch (or pulleys/ropes like I had been using) is that the chipper only has a single axle so it actually needs supported as it goes up the ramps. A full width ramp/tailgate is a different kettle of fish but I think to work properly you'd need a jockey wheel on the chipper (like some of the Jo Beau mini chippers)

Errr your right, I stuck a jocky wheel on mine to help shift the lump about.. I then found I could pull it up the trailer with a rope or winch..

Errr your right, I stuck a jocky wheel on mine to help shift the lump about.. I then found I could pull it up the trailer with a rope or winch..

I'll have to come up with something as physically I can pull the chipper onto the trailer (which surprised me) the only problem is holding it while I get up on the trailer. I had been pulling it on using 2 pulleys while my wife guided/supported it, not ideal as a. she's only 5' tall and b. sometimes she's too busy (or so she claims :biggrin:)