The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Thank you for your reply.

400kgs is quite a lot of chip. probably getting on to 1m3 depending on density of wood.

if i tracked the chipper to the bottom of a garden would i be able to take the chipper element off the tracked chassis and add wheels to the chipper whilst fitting the barrow to the tracked chassis and use both items together? then in revers when going home?

Anythings doable but I think the weight of the chipper without the tracks will prove cumbersome..
I did some work with a guy on an old hydraulic tipping barrow that slid the chipper off the body, placed it on the floor so he could chip back into it. In my opinion a second motorised wheel barrow would be a good investment machine is independent. Maybe use the chipper track to tow the barrow in and then use the chipper to tow it back out again..maybe

6 hours ago, Wood-be said:

seems a bit of an expensive way round trying to move the cs100 about. I have used a mates CS 100 for the day and found its a good machine but any slight incline or bumpy ground (moles are the main culprit) then your legs are burning and your leaving tramlines through the lawn. Shorley the tracked machine would only damage the ground when turning?  

does anyone on hear own a TB100? would the chipper part unbolt from the tracked chassis and could you fit a tipping wheel barrow to the chassis of the tracked part (obviously with carefull design and enginering).

There's many ways to go about things, and nothing is ever perfect. But for the price of the tracked Italian machine, you could probably buy a brand new cs100 and brand new muck truck to tow it with, have spare change, and a chipper that will go most places, not rip up the lawn, and a carry all your other gear (saw, fuel, pies etc) in the skip of the barrow.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wood-be said:

seems a bit of an expensive way round trying to move the cs100 about. I have used a mates CS 100 for the day and found its a good machine but any slight incline or bumpy ground (moles are the main culprit) then your legs are burning and your leaving tramlines through the lawn. Shorley the tracked machine would only damage the ground when turning?  

does anyone on hear own a TB100? would the chipper part unbolt from the tracked chassis and could you fit a tipping wheel barrow to the chassis of the tracked part (obviously with carefull design and enginering).

Yep I own one excellent little machine ,chips well tracks well we use it in back gardens or areas where we can’t get our Bandit 915 in as it’s a bit big and heavy .

we mainly find our customers are happy to keep the chip as it is good quality 

Peruzzo machines are fantastic and having the added function of tracks makes it very versatile. Dans a fantastic bloke as well which helps. If I was to buy a wee chipper it would be either peruzzo or jo beau. Both fantastic kit well priced with a back up in the uk you can relie on.  Just buy what suits your business. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2019 at 11:34, Wood-be said:

Hi, I've had my TB100-C for about a year now;  it's been a game changer and totally faultless, quite possibly my best purchase to date. That much so I'm seriously considering a second one purely to hire out. 

It all started with the idea of mounting a small chipper on a tracked barrow for narrow access jobs and after researching the possible options of bastardising two separate machines I came across Peruzzo and then Equipment 4 industry, problem solved! Also for an extra (I think at the time ) £350ish I ordered the track bed to convert it to a mini dumper which then covered all bases ? but due to the regular need of using both on the same job Danny from @equip4ind did me an amazing deal on a baumax (German)  tracked hydraulic tip mini dumper, again great quality and hasn't missed a beat after being beaten and abused regularly!  

Initially I was apprehensive of Italian build quality (if you've ever had an alfa or a fiat, you'll know what I mean!) but I'm that impressed with the Peruzzo brand I have also bought one of their tracked pedestrian flail mowers and again build quality, functionality, reliability, after care and their parts department really are second to none. 

Equipment 4 industry are now my main provider / first port of call for all my grounds maintenance, landscaping and tree surgery equipment as everything I have experienced so far is quality kit and great value. 

If you're anywhere near south West Wales and serious about purchasing one I'd be happy to give you a demo, or pay you for a days work! 

Ps It's horses for courses really, a Tr8 it is not but everyone who has used my TB100-C has been very impressed with it, it's manoeuvrability it's output and it's balls, make no mistake this is no toy,  it is a pro machine not some chinese (or British junk that will simply disappoint) so I'm certain, if you see one in action you'll want to have one 100 %

On 23/01/2018 at 17:24, Harry_L said:

I am thinking of getting a small chipper at the end of this year. I have a question to you wee chipper owners. Do you find it frustrating/ fiddly feeding a machine with a small hopper? I was also wondering if some people could leave the name of there chipper and the size of the hopper? Much appreciated

got the hopper on mine to the blacksmiths to get it wider and deeper,used to drive me nuts getting the sprouters in to chip.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
to paul sorry..[emoji38]

and just to throw a spanner in the works? what do you think of this??

any thoughts appreciated as i need to have chipper in hand by end of the week,, this is a fair bit heavier than the JB, BUT it''s roller fed...
597655efc22b2_BFBIO100SB003.jpg.1a5089ec12f0e460584b9df44ae944d9.jpg
597655efbf3e2_BFBIO100SB001.jpg.a3a9847e5d874eee5a4a65e0660caac7.jpg
What's the make n model of it ? Regards phil