The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

28 minutes ago, PeteB said:

At least we had the decency to say "brilliant machine but a tad too dear for UK market, please get your prices right!" They said that the price stayed the same. We said that if they wouldn't build to shoot UK price structure, we would. They said that they wouldn't so we did so that you could have a professional kit that retained value! Just saying.....

You obviously feel threatened by the peruzzo, your insecurities are shining bright (green) but I guess it must suck to realise you missed a massive gap in the market.  Oh & stop copying the 'just sayin' bloody hypocrite ? ? 

7 hours ago, inthewoods said:

You obviously feel threatened by the peruzzo, your insecurities are shining bright (green) but I guess it must suck to realise you missed a massive gap in the market.  Oh & stop copying the 'just sayin' bloody hypocrite ? ? 

Oh, I not threatened by the Peruzzo, after all, it is a blinding facsimile of a cracking machine and plagiarism is the best form of flattery! I'm not threatened by the cheap Chinese either, everything has a place in the market and I'm quite enjoying the banter and the attention it brings to the brand. The 'just saying' tag is a legpull too!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Oh, I not threatened by the Peruzzo, after all, it is a blinding facsimile of a cracking machine and plagiarism is the best form of flattery! I'm not threatened by the cheap Chinese either, everything has a place in the market and I'm quite enjoying the banter and the attention it brings to the brand. The 'just saying' tag is a legpull too!

Marvelous, so glad to see you've (finally) found your happy pills this morning ?? 

8 hours ago, PeteB said:

At least we had the decency to say "brilliant machine but a tad too dear for UK market, please get your prices right!" They said that the price stayed the same. We said that if they wouldn't build to shoot UK price structure, we would. They said that they wouldn't so we did so that you could have a professional kit that retained value! Just saying.....

Oh, don't get me wrong I'm not knocking Greenmech, I was just pointing out everyones took a good idea and tried to improve it..

If on the other hand Greenmech thought to put tracks on their wee chipper, I'd suggest some more emulation and copy, cough!!! emulate Jo Buea and put something like a Jo Buea500 on tracks..  with it having a lower centre of gravity it would be a lot more stable..

You might want to put that to your design team and see if it could be made to the right price..  

I may well be wrong but something in the back of my mind makes me think that Jo Beau and Rajo once 'shared' a design team - (euphemism for plagiarism). We liked the Rajo but while it worked well, it was a tad expensive in the UK. Hence us coming up with our version. We have thought of putting it on a driven base (I think Steve Blair first did this to Gloria) but it was too complicated to do it using the V twin and putting another engine in the mix added to the cost and we got back to square one!

The access issue is usually put right with some thought and muscle. Rob Rainford tells me that years ago he dismantled his in to 4 parts and carried her up flights of stairs to a roof top garden! 

Every machine is an attempt at covering as many points as possible and always a compromise in one way or another. That may be cost, size, weight, specification, engine etc.....a design may pinch and idea or two garnered from elsewhere (think back to the Barford/Landforce chipper, think back to the Jensen X track, think back to the Bandit/AusChip - the list goes onwards and that is just in the world of chippers!).

• Like 1

Is this the job you were telling me about the other week?

Yes mate. We've got another two day's cutting in there. Neighbours will be complaining about bonfires!

I'll probably sell my greenmech, we're not using it as much as I thought.
  • Like 1

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been on. I'm going to cut in on the Greenmech / Peruzzo debate. I just wanted to update you on the performance of my Haecksler 3 bought at the end of last summer. Its been used now in various jobs, cherry, pine, apple, Conifer, eucalyptus, elm, and sycamore to name some. It has performed brilliantly, and will chip just as fast as you can get the brash into the hopper. It will take a 4 inch branch as long as you feed it carefully. I have had no problems so far and I am going flip the blades today after about 40 hrs use. Maintenance is easy with every thing being accessable. With the engine being low down its easy to pull around on my own and at 67.5 cm wide it's easy to get through gates etc. The only thing I would have liked is for the chute to be slightly taller, but that is something I may be able to get sorted. So all in all very happy

• Like 2

On 3/24/2018 at 18:57, Luckyeleven said:

Is this a real issue? I've never turned it off.....even once, in fact the lever fell off and is lost..... haven't ever noticed an increase in oil level though.

I had this problem on me old Greenmech GMR 100 (very similar to a CS100).  As Jase says the pet cock is buried beneath the fuel tank and is remotely rotated on/off via a wire (similar gauge to a coat hanger) and is a bit cack in my opinion,  but if yew are aware of it's foibles it will not be a problem. 

Even if we were stopping at 10.30am fir the breakfast (and Pop Master) i would make sure the pet cock was turned to the 'Off' position as it would sometimes leak down and flood the forward most cylinder and i would hafta remove the spark plug and pull the machine over to expel the petrol. 

This would happen if the fuel tank was brimmed and the sun was shining on it,  fuel expanded and forced it's way down the carb and into the bore. 

The oil level never increased or smelt of petrol though as i kept an eye on it.  I oft wondered if my machine had been electric start and the cylinder was hydrolocked and i pressed the starter key would it bend a con rod or smash the starter motor gear!?  Thankfully it was recoil start only.  My old GM had done a huge amount of work before it came to me and i did a lot of tree work with it so i was pretty adept at stripping the  ting down for routine maintenance etc.  It's pretty involving when the carb needs to be removed for ultrasonic cleaning but it's a good learning process. 

I really liked the heavy duty build quality and the chassis never looked as though it would buckle when it was being ratchet strapped down onto my Ifor Williams Trailer.  As for a tracked version,  i reckon there is a place in the market for a cheaper one like the Peruzzo.     If i need a tracked machine i will rent a full fat one,  if i ever needed a tiny tracked one i'd find alternative ways of working without one.  Personally for me a tracked 4 inch machine wouldn't cut it.

• Like 1