The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I think the wee chippers are bit like Husky v Stihl .
It's usually between Greenmech and jo beau .
They rarely break down so needing a local dealer doesn't matter, I've never needed to contact Greenmech about my cs100 in 8 years and I know good guys with JB, it's a personal preference and both great machines.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

I think the wee chippers are bit like Husky v Stihl .
It's usually between Greenmech and jo beau .
They rarely break down so needing a local dealer doesn't matter, I've never needed to contact Greenmech about my cs100 in 8 years and I know good guys with JB, it's a personal preference and both great machines.

Lordy! Has it really been 8 years since that mad show at that Kingswood spot? Time fly's heh?

Yes mate, 8 years past! The start of the micro chipper revolution! You should be proud of what you created! Gloria is as good as the day I got her if not better! I will always have machinery, tractors , Mogs and chippers out of pure love for diesel smoke! BuT nothing will make my life easier then Gloria! I sold her last year and bought her back within 6 months, I felt guilty! She is still on her original belts! My spare set you gave me 6 years ago are still hanging up!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Put the new 13-hp / 25-cm-blade JB to the test with some dry hornbeam (!!), and it performed admirably. I'll be saving lots of time with this little beast, that's for sure. Ordered it directly from Belgium (we have no importers here in Switzerland) and all ran smoothly. 

jobeau.thumb.jpg.733143f1e1bf3f1fe1baee018902ad1b.jpg

engine.thumb.JPG.f9b87ddab2367bac013a7951ea60358e.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My little Hyundai chipper got its first service and blade change yesterday morning, then off to work. I had all The chipping done and a nice load of chippings spread within a couple of hours of getting to the job. I really can't fault this machine for what it cost, so much so that I have bought the matching stump grinder:)

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3639.JPG

My little Hyundai chipper got its first service and blade change yesterday morning, then off to work. I had all The chipping done and a nice load of chippings spread within a couple of hours of getting to the job. I really can't fault this machine for what it cost, so much so that I have bought the matching stump grinder[emoji4]><a href=http://dcn6x9s7fzj11.cloudfront.net/monthly_2017_12/IMG_3632.thumb.JPG.885c6f4cd3dd38e29f15dadc30af4bb7.JPG' alt='IMG_3632.thumb.JPG.885c6f4cd3dd38e29f15dadc30af4bb7.JPG'>
IMG_3634.thumb.JPG.dcb3cf21464453bac6b83744a5a2cd2a.JPG
IMG_3635.thumb.JPG.3aa904ac47c7e1c6c6a77a15c1fb2878.JPG
IMG_3636.thumb.JPG.2749e3951a12b43c75b6286cddaf8a85.JPG
IMG_3637.thumb.JPG.feec62a73313b3008871eb121fc91770.JPG
IMG_3639.thumb.JPG.c3cb0bc99fcf8522982b6ff1f2d99118.JPG

How much do they cost new?

47 minutes ago, benbrinnand said:

I'll warrant that was made in China and never been near Hyundai! The same design is available from other suppliers in a different colour. If it was to go wrong, which supplier fixes it?

• Like 1