The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

1 hour ago, jamesd said:

Looks the business mate I've been thinking about getting a cs100 for a while now. What made you go for that over a jo beau out of interest? 

And di you go for a brand new one or 2nd hand? 

TBHmate, I've used the JoBeau M4oo and I found it was a better machine. They are hard to come by second hand though and I thought the spares would be easier to get hold of. This popped up on Ebay and I snapped it up. we've only had it a couple of months.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, arbogrunt said:

TBHmate, I've used the JoBeau M4oo and I found it was a better machine. They are hard to come by second hand though and I thought the spares would be easier to get hold of. This popped up on Ebay and I snapped it up. we've only had it a couple of months.

Interesting to hear. Why do you think it's the  better machine? 

I havn't got a local jo beau dealer which is what puts me of getting one tbh

18 hours ago, jamesd said:

Interesting to hear. Why do you think it's the  better machine? 

I just thought it chipped better. My CS100 does the trick though and the trailer is well handy. We put 15 litres of petrol in it on the last job we did...a big re-pollard. All the cordwood and chip stayed on site and the machine literally ran all day long. It was the most snedding I've done for years!

37 minutes ago, arbogrunt said:

I just thought it chipped better. My CS100 does the trick though and the trailer is well handy. We put 15 litres of petrol in it on the last job we did...a big re-pollard. All the cordwood and chip stayed on site and the machine literally ran all day long. It was the most snedding I've done for years!

Fair enough mate have you got the proper trailer as well for it then? I reckon I'll get one of those too

3 hours ago, jamesd said:

Fair enough mate have you got the proper trailer as well for it then? I reckon I'll get one of those too

The fella I bought it from, adapted one of those plant trailers they put compactors on. We just gave it a lick of paint...very handy. The Greenmech trailer is somewhat over priced.

IMG_3158.JPG

On 10/18/2017 at 22:48, jamesd said:

The fact that my Jo Beau's in Surrey and the dealership is halfway up the country has never been a problem; certainly not a reason not to buy a good machine.

• Like 1