The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

4 hours ago, stewmo said:

Thanks. It does look similar concept. the Hyundai anvil differs in that it has a bit metal that stops it going closer to the blades. That one looks like the anvil could keep going into the blades.
The gap between the anvil and the metal casing fills up with crud that gets hardened and is very hard to get out so you have a clean run at it.
I do want to adjust the gap because the blades feel a little aggressive at the moment and restricts the diameter I can easily chip.

Take it out, clean up both surfaces with a stripping disc and reassemble with a good smear of copper grease. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2022 at 20:51, clint said:

Does anybody have any experience or know about the gl&d titan tracked chipper?

Hi, the Titan chippers are built in Italy and use Kohler 23hp engines. They have a twin blade gravity fed bio chipping style cylinder. They are 80cm wide and weigh 370kg so are fairly easy to move around. They will easily take 4” of wood, when on lighter material they will usually take it as quick as you can feed it in. 

We have sold several of these over the past two years and I will be happy to answer any questions that you might have on them. 

On 08/03/2022 at 08:56, AMIA said:

Hi, the Titan chippers are built in Italy and use Kohler 23hp engines. They have a twin blade gravity fed bio chipping style cylinder. They are 80cm wide and weigh 370kg so are fairly easy to move around. They will easily take 4” of wood, when on lighter material they will usually take it as quick as you can feed it in. 

We have sold several of these over the past two years and I will be happy to answer any questions that you might have on them. 

I lost interest when I read "Kohler engine"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/03/2022 at 09:56, AMIA said:

What’s the ballpark figure on price for this machine? 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a suitable chipper that isn't too expensive?

I have a small orchard with predominantly hard wood fruit trees (20+ apple trees, 10+ plum trees and a small woodland with some other random trees).

I rather naively tried using the Forest Master FM6DD but it didn't like the hardwood prunings and branches and keeps clogging up. I ended up spending more time cleaning the drum than feeding the machine.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Edited by Roy_F
Typo

7 minutes ago, Roy_F said:

Can anyone recommend a suitable chipper that isn't too expensive?

I have a small orchard with predominantly hard wood fruit trees (20+ apple trees, 10+ plum trees and a small woodland with some other random trees).

I rather naively rather using the Forest Master FM6DD but it didn't like the hardwood prunings and branches and keeps clogging up. I ended up spending more time cleaning the drum than feeding the machine.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Jansen, hyundai, gtm etc. Not an awful lot between the various brands really. I bought a gtm 1300 a few years back and have no complaints with it.

• Like 1