The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

10 hours ago, nepia said:

Well I'm glad it's not just me:  I've always thought it takes a few minutes for my wee chipper to get up to max performance as the drum and blades get lubricated with sap, dew etc; you're right - they work better when not bone dry

I've noticed the same but always put it down to the air cooled engine taking a few minutes to warm up. I usually leave it about half revs for a couple of minutes before throwing anything into it. 

Still, giving the blades a lick of protection can't do any harm. Something I may start doing myself.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nikos Papadopoulos said:

say, any of the chippers have a user manual ?

my machine producer only included the manual for the engine, the rest are up to a phone call..

I'm seriously intrigued to see what they write actually!

Blimey! Think that is illegal here! A full manual should be with the machine at all times! Perhaps they haven't translated it from Mandarin? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, PeteB said:

Blimey! Think that is illegal here! A full manual should be with the machine at all times! Perhaps they haven't translated it from Mandarin? 

its illegal here too, but there arent any checks from the state I reckon

the machine is produced here, only some parts are imported e.g. the Loncin diesel engine (which has a user manual)

so if @nepia has instructions re the blades at least, that would be useful ! so please send!!

another topic is if someone has tried to convert the chips to pellet like material ?

Does anyone on here currently run a Perruzzo tracked chipper? I see Ryetec are selling them now. I realise they’re not essentially a cs100 but I really like the mobility of a tracked base unit. Was thinking of using one in a 8x5 caged ifor tipper. Any feedback on pros and cons appreciated and if anyone has a second hand one they want to sell!

2FB60447-0BF5-4CE7-863D-88BBB9159B4D.jpeg

1 hour ago, jonnygurkha said:

Does anyone on here currently run a Perruzzo tracked chipper? I see Ryetec are selling them now. I realise they’re not essentially a cs100 but I really like the mobility of a tracked base unit. Was thinking of using one in a 8x5 caged ifor tipper. Any feedback on pros and cons appreciated and if anyone has a second hand one they want to sell!

2FB60447-0BF5-4CE7-863D-88BBB9159B4D.jpeg

Biggest downside looks to be the high infeed over the handlebars. 

On 12/11/2021 at 13:17, Kent Arboreal said:

Any recommendations for a small chipper? I had a 18hp Hyundai thing a few years ago which was a bit rubbish. Upgraded to a nice towable Timberwolf but sold it to go towards a house deposit. I rent at the moment at £105 a day but it’s a bit of a pain in the arse to keep picking it up and comes up expensive over a month.

Hi mate, can I ask where you hire from as I need to hire a wee chipper and have been advised to use Rawstone Hire but looking at their reviews on Trustpilot I really want to avoid this company!?  Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  I am in SE London.  Cheers