The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

2 hours ago, Josh u a Tree said:

Hello, our Haecksler chippers are entirely built in Europe. 

Except for the engines that come from Honda or Briggs. The difference with the Chinese machines is, in addition to the higher price for labor, also in the highest quality parts that we mount on our machines. Also a strong frame and a precise construction is what makes these chippers work so well.  

Ps. I did not take the time yet to announce this on Arbtalk but we have launched our newly designed Haecksler 4. Here 's a picture!

H4EP 18HP.jpg

H4 13HP.jpg

What’s the price plus vat on this machine?

1 hour ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Probably £4 grand and it takes up to 75mm in diameter. Better off with a TW13/75 at £3 grand plus vat but weights 188 kgs so you need ramps to get it in and out of van.

I prefer the roller feed machines, I still reckon the CS100 is hard to beat but haven’t used the Jo Beau equivalent.
It would be mostly used on small domestic jobs and Orchard maintenance where I would have to move it around quite a bit so weight would be a factor.

• Like 2

Except for the engines that come from Honda or Briggs. The difference with the Chinese machines is, in addition to the higher price for labor, also in the highest quality parts that we mount on our machines. Also a strong frame and a precise construction is what makes these chippers work so well.  

Ps. I did not take the time yet to announce this on Arbtalk but we have launched our newly designed Haecksler 4. Here 's a picture!
1975706027_H4EP18HP.thumb.jpg.9fb805fe45e9d8811b352dd611d9eaac.jpg
1445046116_H413HP.thumb.jpg.56af0fab20fc086b5e7ebfdd3f1d8d21.jpg
Has there become any improvements to machine other than its looks? Also just thinking is blades position adjustable? Just have read that blade angels are usually very specific to feeding works how it should and when blade is sharpened that should have effect to feeding I think.

22 hours ago, osku said:
On 21/11/2020 at 16:03, Josh u a Tree said:

1975706027_H4EP18HP.thumb.jpg.9fb805fe45e9d8811b352dd611d9eaac.jpg
1445046116_H413HP.thumb.jpg.56af0fab20fc086b5e7ebfdd3f1d8d21.jpg

Read more  

Has there become any improvements to machine other than its looks? Also just thinking is blades position adjustable? Just have read that blade angels are usually very specific to feeding works how it should and when blade is sharpened that should have effect to feeding I think.

Hi Osku. That's right: the position and sharpening angle of the knives is very important. We have experimented a lot with this in the past and came to the conclusion that the sharpening angle should be 30 degrees. Even with a deviation of 2 degrees, the performance is significantly reduced.

The blades are fixed to the drum but the counter-knife is adjustabe. However, this is only to correct distance after grinding and does not mean you can adjust to create bigger or smaller chips. Regarding the innovations:  the most recent improvement is the lay up of the branches in the funnel. More space has been created which improved ergonomy.

• 3 weeks later...

Well haecksler 4 arrived few days ago. I haven't ever used cs100 but two different Chinese machines and GTM 900, but compared to those the haecksler is totally different. Feeding hopper is big and very solid. Two rows of safety curtains block nicely back flying chips. Our machine is with 18hp engine and with that it eats easily 9cm branches. At worksite ground man can chip branches as they come down and there will not be big piles. I was little bit worried about fuel consumption but in real work it doesn't seem to be that bad. Filling up the tank is little bit pain but having a proper can helps a lot. Both feeding and output hoppers have safety switches what is nice safety feature. Blades seem to be very good quality but we will see how long they last. IMG_20201210_143242.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, osku said:

Well haecksler 4 arrived few days ago. I haven't ever used cs100 but two different Chinese machines and GTM 900, but compared to those the haecksler is totally different. Feeding hopper is big and very solid. Two rows of safety curtains block nicely back flying chips. Our machine is with 18hp engine and with that it eats easily 9cm branches. At worksite ground man can chip branches as they come down and there will not be big piles. I was little bit worried about fuel consumption but in real work it doesn't seem to be that bad. Filling up the tank is little bit pain but having a proper can helps a lot. Both feeding and output hoppers have safety switches what is nice safety feature. Blades seem to be very good quality but we will see how long they last. IMG_20201210_143242.jpeg

What’s the price comparison with this machine and the Greenmech/Jobeau options in this size?

It certainly looks an impressive machine in the promo stuff.

Edited by The avantgardener