TimberCutterDartmoor

29 minutes ago, nepia said:

Global Recycling for those.

Global Recycling at £190 ex VAT (I'm private so have to pay the VAT) - 

WWW.GLOBALRECYCLING.EU

Jo Beau M300 replacement knives

or Northern Arb at £140 ex VAT  - 

WWW.NORTHERNARBSUPPLIES.CO.UK

Browse and shop Rotatech Chipper Blades To Fit Jo Beau M300. Genuine Rotatech Jo Beau type blades.

£60 (inc VAT) price difference between the two.

£190?!   Jeez they've gone up; I bought a set a couple of years ago @£120.

I still wouldn't put a £60 set of blades in my machine though.  Yes they're £130 cheaper but that £130 would easily pay for itself in saved breakage/sharpening/downtime costs.

I'll stick with the real deal thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nepia said:

I still wouldn't put a £60 set of blades in my machine though.  Yes they're £130 cheaper but that £130 would easily pay for itself in saved breakage/sharpening/downtime costs.

I'm not sure where you get a £60 set of blades from?  That's the price difference, not the price.  I'm sure if the Northern Arb blades were no good there'd be lots of feedback on here - and there isn't (from what I've found - or not found as the case may be).

57 minutes ago, TuscanPhil said:

I'm not sure where you get a £60 set of blades from?  That's the price difference, not the price.  I'm sure if the Northern Arb blades were no good there'd be lots of feedback on here - and there isn't (from what I've found - or not found as the case may be).

N.A.S GreenMech disc blades are noticeably softer and don't last as long as the real thing. That isn't a sales pitch, that is a fact and most customers who have used them will back up this statement.

10 hours ago, TuscanPhil said:

Didn't read it properly - my bad.

I approach the matter differently to you:  I see the price difference as only £60, not a huge one.

I'm still sticking with the real thing.  Not to say the others are poor - I don't know - but I'm quite happy to pay for mine knowing they're at least as good as any others and manufacturer recommended.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding ear noise protection: I read that decibels at a small CS (80 or 100) machine is around 100db, so I guess in all such small machines is the like of it.

I operated such a machine without ear protection and I had some "after bells".

So what do you have that is satisfying protecting your hearing ?

A quick search on the net, shows that the max db protection is NRR 37 decibels. Is listening to music helpful or more destructive maybe ? 

Thinking of combining ear plugs with ear muffs.

Cheers!

Edited by Nikos Papadopoulos

Just the standard 'chipper' muffs which I guess are intended for use when operating chippers ?

There is a numerical coding system for levels of protection but any supplier will know what you mean by chipper muffs.

Edited by nepia