The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

4 hours ago, doobin said:

I'm only having a pop because you have a pop every time Chinese machines are mentioned...

And cheap Italian copies! I would rather support the UK economy, more so now than ever!

BTW, what happened to the italian copy of the CS100?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

And cheap Italian copies! I would rather support the UK economy, more so now than ever!

BTW, what happened to the italian copy of the CS100?

Apparently parts for the peruzzo are now available through rytec, I believe but I haven’t had to find out yet, it’s never missed a beat.
Equipment 4 industry went under, shame they did offer good customer service. 
I agree with you on buying local where possible Pete but we ended up with the Italian copy due to needing the tracks.

15 minutes ago, Will C said:

Apparently parts for the peruzzo are now available through rytec, I believe but I haven’t had to find out yet, it’s never missed a beat.
Equipment 4 industry went under, shame they did offer good customer service. 
I agree with you on buying local where possible Pete but we ended up with the Italian copy due to needing the tracks.

How come the E4I went under!?! He always made out that he was doing loads? I just thought that Rytec had muscled it over......

Nice one Steve - do any of you in this wonderful group have or have used the Skarper chippers? I’m considering C120 pro and have been looking at mini chippers for some time - again thanks to all those who use this thread as it’s been invaluable. 

Id like to know how easy it is to remove chute. Height in the spec is something like 1390 and my van rear doors are around 1300. I appreciate it can go in a trailer but in van would be ideal. I saw someone mention a mini winch in van to haul chipper inside. Any shouts on brands/makes? 

All the best  

Not used the chipper so can’t advise on that, my CS100 went in the back of a T6 but at 1300 high doors sounds like you have a smaller van so would it fit ok length wise?
I built my own mount for a winch on the ladder rack of my Hilux, to pull my CS100 in and stumpgrinders etc easy enough.
I used a Rhino winch with rope not wire (nicer on the hands and anything it passes over) 1500kg pull but i only use maybe 250kg of that ability.. comes with a full wiring kit too, i ran power from the battery and connected it on anderson plugs so it only gets power when i want to use it.
In a van you would probably have to bolt down to the chassis rails to get a strong enough mount point

Appreciate that mate a lot of helpful info there. Something to go on looking at winches. So yea it’s a swb Renault trafic 2007. Surprisingly roomy length wise so that should fit in fine it’s just height which may be too little. I’m assuming it’s the chute but would be helpful to see one in person. CS100 ain’t a bad shout I had looked at them for a while until i saw skarper. 230 odd kg.... how much is green mech roughly? 

1 hour ago, Little188 said:

Appreciate that mate a lot of helpful info there. Something to go on looking at winches. So yea it’s a swb Renault trafic 2007. Surprisingly roomy length wise so that should fit in fine it’s just height which may be too little. I’m assuming it’s the chute but would be helpful to see one in person. CS100 ain’t a bad shout I had looked at them for a while until i saw skarper. 230 odd kg.... how much is green mech roughly? 

@Pete B is your man for a questions greenmech related.
The CS100 may well be more money but will have good service backup where as some of the Far Eastern machines can be some what hit or miss for spares when something goes wrong leaving you with a expensive paper weight. I can’t comment on the skarper chippers I’m afraid, but would advise you check spares availability (on any make) before spending out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will C said:

@Pete B is your man for a questions greenmech related.
The CS100 may well be more money but will have good service backup where as some of the Far Eastern machines can be some what hit or miss for spares when something goes wrong leaving you with a expensive paper weight. I can’t comment on the skarper chippers I’m afraid, but would advise you check spares availability (on any make) before spending out.

In defense of Chinesium chippettes.

Agrieuro, who supplied my GM CS80 Loncin engine clone, also have a comprehensive spares list available online with exploded diagrams. 

Stuart 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...