The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

21 hours ago, PeteB said:

if it goes wrong Stuart, who does the warranty? Anyone local? If you have to do it, who can be on the end of the phone?

TBH PeteB,

Whilst I am gratefull to GM for their support of my 150P I will point out that this chippette cost less than a grand in your post Brexit sterling currency type money and if it does go catastrophically wrong then I won't shed a tear because I knew what I was buying into and you must be mad if you think I'm carrying my business on the back of a Chinesium chippette bought for a few occasional hard to access jobs. It is virtually disposable, even a pair of blades are cheaper to buy than to sharpen.

Besides, doesn't GM use Loncin engines on their CS80?

Of course, there is the 150P which I thought was a high quality British product but turned out to be a litany of faults and a shonky liability requiring a serious factory overhaul.

Even so, upon it's return it still blocked within 2 minutes of use (Jason knows about this) and the fuel tank leaks at the top so until I find time to re-seal it I only fill halfway.

Seems price carrys no real guarrantee of quality.

Stuart

On 23/09/2020 at 23:59, PeteB said:

if it goes wrong Stuart, who does the warranty? Anyone local? If you have to do it, who can be on the end of the phone?

More to the point, will they tell you that an engine literally eating an air filter is totally normal and nothing to worry about?

Further to Stuart's post above, not only is price no indication of quality, it's no indication of dealer ability either from what I can make out.

I'm only having a pop because you have a pop every time Chinese machines are mentioned...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Little188 said:

Hello - hardly use arbtalk so apologies for no idea how to use it. I have come to this group to ask a question about mini choppers but am I asking it in an already existing thread? Can I go ahead and put my Q out there? Cheers 

Yep go ahead, that’s what this treads for. And welcome!

• Like 1

Nice one Steve - do any of you in this wonderful group have or have used the Skarper chippers? I’m considering C120 pro and have been looking at mini chippers for some time - again thanks to all those who use this thread as it’s been invaluable. 

Id like to know how easy it is to remove chute. Height in the spec is something like 1390 and my van rear doors are around 1300. I appreciate it can go in a trailer but in van would be ideal. I saw someone mention a mini winch in van to haul chipper inside. Any shouts on brands/makes? 

All the best