The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

8 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

What is really really important is that the bolts don't come out, wreck blades and anvil.

I use a torque wrench every time, to JoBeau spec is 60Nm. I think Greenmech is a bit lower but 30Nm sounds a bit too low to me to be honest.

If the manufacturer says threadlock then I would, they will probably have corresponding lower torque to keep the bolts secure.

The manufacturer of the drum said no recommend torque just as tight as pos and use thread lock,I’ve had this chipper 4-5 years now and just recently lost a bolt while on full power which smashed the blades,killed the drum,and made a mess of some of the casing around the drum so new drum new bolts and was going to try a different way of securing the blades as the way the manufacturer advised failed big time

The manufacturer of the drum said no recommend torque just as tight as pos and use thread lock,I’ve had this chipper 4-5 years now and just recently lost a bolt while on full power which smashed the blades,killed the drum,and made a mess of some of the casing around the drum so new drum new bolts and was going to try a different way of securing the blades as the way the manufacturer advised failed big time
Nasty losing a bolt. The recommendation sounds a bit rubbish to be honest, tight as possible means something different to everyone.

If you measure up the bolts and can see the grade stamping then you can look up torque value in standard tables, at least then you would be consistent which would hopefully prevent failure.
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just been trying to find the torque recommendations for my cheap chinese chipper blades it is basically the exact model as the GTM Professional 1300, but not having much luck - IT feels like its a fine line between bolts rattling loose and stripping the threads...judging by these comments i should be aiming for 60Nm or  just under or? - any suggestions / reccomendations would be much appreciated.  

Just been trying to find the torque recommendations for my cheap chinese chipper blades it is basically the exact model as the GTM Professional 1300, but not having much luck - IT feels like its a fine line between bolts rattling loose and stripping the threads...judging by these comments i should be aiming for 60Nm or  just under or? - any suggestions / reccomendations would be much appreciated.  

Those bolts at 60Nm are M10 thread what thread are yours?. I think the Greenmech is 45Nm but you need someone who has one to chip in.

On 14/08/2020 at 20:02, Dilz said:

Did mine at 60 as no one seems to no the correct torque, done a days chipping with no problems, we’ll see how easy they are to get out before I’m 100% happy 

This keeps popping up on my screen.

WWW.AGRIEURO.FR

Broyeur de branches thermique GeoTech PCS 155LE moteur...

A very familiar looking outline there powered by a 15hp Loncin too.

At todays exchange rate and minus the vat it is under a grand!

Ah, our canny Asian cousins...

Stuart

• Like 1

Well it arrived.

Took 4 days from Italy.

For €1372 inc. vat delivery included.

That is under a grand Sterling without the vat.

It is far better than I thought.

Took a while to put together though.

There are thick rubber gaskets between infeed and cassette as well as chute and cassette.

The top of the infeed is 11cm narrower than on a CS100 which is a D'merit.

Loncin engine has a centrifugal clutch top pulley so less stress on the starter motor and as a result a much smaller battery is required.

The belts have no way of adjusting the tension.

Whether this is a serious D'merit or not remains to be seen.

The infeed opens on a hinge to allow for easy unblocking. A security device is present too but from habit I'd always remove the key anyway.

Tyres are an overkill, soft and spongey.

Greasable bearings, double sided blades, what is not to like?

I bought this as 'insurance' a cheap back up and also because I've a run of jobs where chipping in the garden is the only sensible choice.

Both of my regular climbers own a CS100. This cheap chippette is for little urban jobs I can do with my wife.

I'll fit a tacho for servicing intervals.

Let you know how it fairs.

Stuart

20200901_185941.jpg

20200828_120133.jpg

Edited by Ty Korrigan
  • Like 3