The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

22 hours ago, carver83 said:

Lawnflite gts1300 is good little chipper ,had mine about 2 years now with no trouble

I have the same thing but in a more Chinky branding. It's pretty good for the price. My one criticism is that it can sometimes struggle to throw the chip that far, but I'd imagine that this is common to all 15-18hp drum chippers?

I sure hope you didn't pay RRP of £2899 for it! Mine was sub 1k before VAT.

Edited by doobin

31 minutes ago, doobin said:

I have the same thing but in a more Chinky branding. It's pretty good for the price. My one criticism is that it can sometimes struggle to throw the chip that far, but I'd imagine that this is common to all 15-18hp drum chippers?

I sure hope you didn't pay RRP of £2899 for it! Mine was sub 1k before VAT.

A CS will throw chip a good 15-20 feet no problem. It’ll go further with the spout further “open“ but naturally becomes less accurate. 

• Like 2

hello!

wondered if anyone had any experience with the Lumag RAMBO HC15 120mm.

we're after a small compact chipper and this seems to tick the boxes, uk website listing the majority of the spare and service parts. seen on offer at £1800. website does say its ideal at 80mm - 100mm which works for us as anything above 4 inch we keep for fire wood.

prefer it over the look to the 100mm hyundai unit and dont really want to spend 4k plus on a smaller chipper currently.

link incase anyone is intested in having a look 

WWW.LUMAG-GB.CO.UK

The Lumag HC15 Rambo Wood Chipper, Best value/ Quality Chipper on the market in this price range, Expert sales advise delivered free ready to use 24h

Can't speak for the build quality, but the ergonomics looks terrible, look how high the infeed is! If you feed it with longer branches you need to lift them over your head.

Also the infeed is fixed so each time you choke it you will have to pull out the tools to take it apart if stuff gets stuck in there. And a 15hp you will choke :)

A 15hp isnt "ideal" for those sizes, it will handle it though, eventually. ;) 
Anything between 10-50 mm goes fine, thinner or thicker is less optimal.

Here is another version of the machine 

IRONBALTIC.COM

IRON BALTIC Helps you to make your all- terrain vehicle all it can be! Our brand is designed for heavy duty use in difficult northern regions. How to purchase Iron Baltic Wood chipper:...

where both in and out pipes are fold able. 
I have a similar machine but decided to not go with that particular design in part due to the high infeed.

1 hour ago, doobin said:

Really? Consistently? Would be interested in a video.

Your man here is chipping to the back of a transit which is approx. 13ft? Appreciate the green conifer is dropping closer but then I don't know a chipper which doesn't do that. The chute flap is positioned level so it stays in the bed, if it was opened another 20 degree it would obviously fly further. But then, why would you really need to?

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Can't speak for the build quality, but the ergonomics looks terrible, look how high the infeed is! If you feed it with longer branches you need to lift them over your head.

Also the infeed is fixed so each time you choke it you will have to pull out the tools to take it apart if stuff gets stuck in there. And a 15hp you will choke :)

A 15hp isnt "ideal" for those sizes, it will handle it though, eventually. ;) 
Anything between 10-50 mm goes fine, thinner or thicker is less optimal.

Here is another version of the machine 

IRONBALTIC.COM

IRON BALTIC Helps you to make your all- terrain vehicle all it can be! Our brand is designed for heavy duty use in difficult northern regions. How to purchase Iron Baltic Wood chipper:...

where both in and out pipes are fold able. 
I have a similar machine but decided to not go with that particular design in part due to the high infeed.

All good points, thankyou!

Found a jansen that's similiar but looks a better build. in and out feed are easily accessible, better engine brand and narrow for easy access. 

M.JANSEN-VERSAND.COM

The GTS-2000 pro is new in our range and the improved machine...