The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

11 hours ago, Quarry Wood Timber said:

I got mine from Radmore and Tucker, did spend a bit of time looking into the importer, Powergen, they are a fairly big co with good financials and have most of the spares on their site.  For the cost I throught it was worth a punt as a Leading brand option was over 4 times the cost, I don't rely on it to provide me with an income - if I did I would go for a main brand with 1st class backup.

I deal virtually direct with Powergen, but through a mate of mine and yes they are a respectable company who have been excellent at sending out new machines- but not so good with spare parts!

Its not the end of  world as I don't rely on my machine either, its just a useful thing to have that cost me not much more than £1000.

If I didn't have my 'direct line' missing out a dealer and naturally increasing the price, I'd almost certainly have gone for the Rock Machinery badged version!

On 22/06/2019 at 21:23, Quarry Wood Timber said:

Just joined the Wee Chipper Club with the Hyundai 100mm chipper.  Done a bit of Hawthorn hedge, Poplar, a Larch tree and a few evergreen shrubs with no problems so far, only thing is the narrow wheelbase makes it a little unstable, I have rolled it twice,  first time on tarmac?, made an bit of a mess of the paint but no other damage, seems well made.

20190622_142316.jpg

I pop mine on my Ifor as it does look a bit wibbly wobbly! Says off road use only which made me wonder if it was a bit unstable. but for chipping, excellent value for money!

I pop mine on my Ifor as it does look a bit wibbly wobbly! Says off road use only which made me wonder if it was a bit unstable. but for chipping, excellent value for money!

It’s off road as not a proper chassis for road towing. Should be fine at low speeds and careful driving as in your pic [emoji3]

Came across a vid of the TP100, the latest version.. didn't know they'd upgraded it..  

seems they have an add on to help you move it about..  no idea how it works or how they've managed it..  but anyway they have a short vid of it in action.,.  

• 3 weeks later...

the barrel drum chippers are by far the fastest  until you talk about volume through the chipper and diameter of branch! then the big chipper are far better  this is a cross over  which is neither of the 2 and basically has no place in in the arb world  

Edited by Cheesy pete