The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Hi All,

so, I am in the market for a 'Wee Chipper'. (i'm sure the question has been asked before but as there is 183 pages on this thread and i am on daddy day care to a very sick 5 year old i don't have the time to read the whole thing)

so far i have narrowed it down to the Puruzzo TB100-C Tracked chipper, the Greenmech CS100 and the Jo Beau M400. 

The Puruzzo is tracked so is leading at the moment as most tree work i do are either in huge estate gardens, so quite a trek to push/pull or are a bit steep and i have struggled to get the 200kg machines up the hill and out of the garden (i managed to get that Timberwolf gravity fed machine stuck in a garden and had to pull it out with a 4:1 pulley).

I would appreciate other peoples opinions and options as i cant make my mind up.

Cheers

Hi there, great to see the Peruzzo is favourite. If you would like a demo on the Peruzzo tracked/narrow access unit then please get in touch.
I am the owner of the company who imports the Peruzzo. My mobile no is 07971856205.
My email.is [email protected]

Must be a typo?! An 18hp can’t be nigh on 2k more expensive? You could buy a 14hp one then buy a new crate 18hp Vanguard on eBay and still have change [emoji848]
What a good idea. Still prefer up selling to the tracked version. Your right though there is a mahoosiv difference from Peruzzo. I will take it up with factory. 14 HP seems right price mind. RRP Inc vat.

seems a bit of an expensive way round trying to move the cs100 about. I have used a mates CS 100 for the day and found its a good machine but any slight incline or bumpy ground (moles are the main culprit) then your legs are burning and your leaving tramlines through the lawn. Shorley the tracked machine would only damage the ground when turning?  

does anyone on hear own a TB100? would the chipper part unbolt from the tracked chassis and could you fit a tipping wheel barrow to the chassis of the tracked part (obviously with carefull design and enginering).
Yes it does, you can buy the tipping body for approx 300.00 + vat and then you have your tracked narrow..

45 minutes ago, equip4ind said:

400 kgs I think.

Thank you for your reply.

400kgs is quite a lot of chip. probably getting on to 1m3 depending on density of wood.

if i tracked the chipper to the bottom of a garden would i be able to take the chipper element off the tracked chassis and add wheels to the chipper whilst fitting the barrow to the tracked chassis and use both items together? then in revers when going home?