The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

On 02/02/2019 at 02:36, tree-fancier123 said:

thanks for reply - I appreciate all the engineering and parts sourcing is a big investment to produce your machines, so deciding what to build and what to leave can be the difference between profit or loss

https://www.hydro-gear.com/residential/

probably expensive, I can appreciate your 2000 figure now I've looked into it a bit more, some of the pumps are almost a thousand on their own. Needs a copy one made by some poor soul living in a dormitory

True, it's hard calculating prices, especially since a new project spreads out over quite a long period. I sometimes curse the day I stopped tree working ?  Except of course when I am in my office and I see the rain pouring down...

Have send that hydro-gear one to my technician. Thanks!

Hi All,

so, I am in the market for a 'Wee Chipper'. (i'm sure the question has been asked before but as there is 183 pages on this thread and i am on daddy day care to a very sick 5 year old i don't have the time to read the whole thing)

so far i have narrowed it down to the Puruzzo TB100-C Tracked chipper, the Greenmech CS100 and the Jo Beau M400. 

The Puruzzo is tracked so is leading at the moment as most tree work i do are either in huge estate gardens, so quite a trek to push/pull or are a bit steep and i have struggled to get the 200kg machines up the hill and out of the garden (i managed to get that Timberwolf gravity fed machine stuck in a garden and had to pull it out with a 4:1 pulley).

I would appreciate other peoples opinions and options as i cant make my mind up.

Cheers

So the machine based on the CS100 is more expensive than the CS100? With no UK dealer network to be supported by [emoji848]
we have been supplying the Peruzzo for 2 and a but years now. In that period zero warranty failures, zero none warranty failures, zero engine issues. 100 % customer satisfaction. I would like to think every customer is now a friend. The dealer thing is a tough one, great if you have a product that has a long conditional warranty period that means for it to comply has to be serviced at extra cost and great if you need to take it back somewhere where there are warranty issues.

Blimey!!! Them CS100 copies from our old dealer in Italy have gotten expensive! Why the price hike?
The tb100 towable ones are, hence we don't sell them. However the mildly more expensive tracked, narrow access one we do as it is unique in the market place and everybody who buys them seems to pony up the extra wonga. Even the national trust are buying them now for towpath/footpath work.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stephen Blair said:

If you want tracked, buy a tracked barrow and a cs100.

Benefits of both machines and less restrictions.

Once you build up your leg muscles, you won’t bother with the tracks.

On wheels is very manouverable and you don’t rip up the ground like tracks.

seems a bit of an expensive way round trying to move the cs100 about. I have used a mates CS 100 for the day and found its a good machine but any slight incline or bumpy ground (moles are the main culprit) then your legs are burning and your leaving tramlines through the lawn. Shorley the tracked machine would only damage the ground when turning?  

does anyone on hear own a TB100? would the chipper part unbolt from the tracked chassis and could you fit a tipping wheel barrow to the chassis of the tracked part (obviously with carefull design and enginering).