The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

On 22/11/2018 at 21:21, equip4ind said:

You bringing the M500 to the chip off Dan?

Oh, you wouldn't want me bringing my old beat up chipper and showing up all your shiny new ones.....

Then again, I'm up for it. We all learn something whatever happens, maybe I should be buying a new chipper because new ones are better? Definitely wouldn't be a proper chip-off without a JoBeau there.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

Does anyone know if the diesel 18hp yanmar engine provides any benefit over the briggs and stratton 4 stroke? I have seen a TW 18/100 and for sale with the diesel engine.

Don’t know that much about chippers but yanmar engines will run forever if you don’t overheat them,and obviously service them. I’d go that way just for that reason

20 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Don’t know that much about chippers but yanmar engines will run forever if you don’t overheat them,and obviously service them. I’d go that way just for that reason

Thanks, I imagined the diesel offers more torque than the petrol. Quick google and there are some direct replacement engines for around the 1k mark. Loncin for example

2 hours ago, ChrisT said:

Does anyone know if the diesel 18hp yanmar engine provides any benefit over the briggs and stratton 4 stroke? I have seen a TW 18/100 and for sale with the diesel engine.

Can not see it would pick up speed as quick as petrol engine but as said torque may mean it doesn't bog down as quick. Great chipper for straight timber. 

14 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Can not see it would pick up speed as quick as petrol engine but as said torque may mean it doesn't bog down as quick. Great chipper for straight timber. 

I didn't think of it that way, they're not too small either, it is a cheap option and I was debating unbolting it from the trailer chassis and mounting it on wheels to push along. But it might end up unbalanced, the one I am looking at would be a lot less than a CS100.