The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

On 02/10/2018 at 14:56, GeorgeM said:

Steve, I considered the Jansen too. In the end I got the Jo Beau M250 ("garden line" instead of "pro line") for a bit more money and have been very happy.

What turned me off from Jansen was not only that it's Chinese made but that the same machine appears on the market under different names (and prices)... see for instance here. So probably they are all made in the same place and simply painted over.

But the last straw was that I asked for the dimensions of the GTS-2000 (I was considering this one and the 1500), and they sent me this:

DK-800-BS-02.JPG.6e6face143de22a7a78d854276cb40e5.JPG

On Deleks' website I found what amounts to the same machine and (surprise!) the following pic:

DK-800-BS-02.JPG

Looks like they had just photoshopped the brand into the pic ? Makes one wonder about the machines themselves.

So in the end I went for something made by a company this board trusts.

Hi George

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have now purchase the JO Beau 250, the same model as use have and its preformed remarkably well. Glad I spent that little extra. Good services from Dean at Global Recycling. Regards Steve

• Like 2

Just bought myself the skarper c90. Used for the first time yesterday on a couple of plum take downs. Handled the brash upto 2.5 inches really well and pulled it straight through without any hesitation. Anything bigger I kept as firewood. 

Bought from Jim at Upson Mowers. Very helpful guy and great service. IMG_20181109_081018.thumb.jpg.0183e8db45855b35d9c00ca6d9c1aa63.jpg

IMG_20181109_131758.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Alec said:

Any one got any views or feedback on the MDL Powerup chipper? Not going to be used full time, just first chipper to get me going. Seems well priced and the company is not too far away from me. Budget won't stretch to CS100 or JO Beau sadly.

https://www.mdlpowerup.com/product/15hp-towable-petrol-chipper/

Solid machine....had mine a while now and only gets used occasionally . I have been really pleased with it. The only drawback is the width. I will be cutting off the wheel guards and reducing the axle width over the Winter.......Otherwise , I love it !

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 21:32, carsmarco252 said:

Just bought myself the skarper c90. Used for the first time yesterday on a couple of plum take downs. Handled the brash upto 2.5 inches really well and pulled it straight through without any hesitation. Anything bigger I kept as firewood. 

Bought from Jim at Upson Mowers. Very helpful guy and great service. IMG_20181109_081018.thumb.jpg.0183e8db45855b35d9c00ca6d9c1aa63.jpg

IMG_20181109_131758.jpg

How are you getting that in and out of your van? Is it a struggle?

Clint... I manage fine. I thought I would struggle too, but with 2 8ft scaffold boards and one scaffold board in the middle to walk up then its manageable. I have a rope through a karabiner on my van bulkhead and attach the other end to the chipper handle and then I use the rope to slowly pull it up. It fits in through the back door with 1cm to spare above. 

• Like 1

Hello 

havent been on here in a long while, since I brought my cs100 as was super chuffed with it! But am getting to the stage where I’m getting fed up of pulling it in and out of my truck! So I need some ideas for a new chipper which pretty much moves its self with as much power as the cs100 if not better