The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

My Jo Beau M300's been in part-time use since Oct 2012 and gives me no reason at all to want to change it.  With sharp blades ☺️ it's s till a great little machine and highly manoeuvrable for a lightweight like me.

• Like 1

Regarding the throw of the JB M250, I've never had problems with the chips being blown by the wind, they come out of the chute quite fast. However, the chute is less tall than on other wee chippers, and on occasion this matters (e.g., when chipping branches that fell outside the property and you want to get the chips over the fence back to the base of the trees). If you wanted to chip into a truck, it would probably matter as well. I think JB offers chute extensions.

On other occasions, the shorter chute is a blessing, such as when chipping into a sack or a garden barrel, or aiming it at the base of bushes or trees in the garden. I mostly do this kind of chipping.

P.S. I also like the low center of gravity you get from having the engine at the bottom, I can push or tow the M250 on a bumpy incline without worrying that it will tip to the side. This is rather obvious, so I'm surprised not all wee chippers do it.

Edited by GeorgeM

The Jo Beau range is very successful for us in the UK, there is something to suit all budgets & requirements. The M250 is a great price & was designed to compete with some of the cheaper models available but it still has the same JB quality. The M250 is also available now with a Honda 13hp engine if this is your preference & this was designed as a no options model. There are options of taller chutes, rotating chutes, hour meters, tow bars, lifting eyes, Winch etc on other models.

I'd be interested to know how many are actually made from start to finish in UK or Europe. It would seem to me that not many despite their claims. If one is made in the far East, then how come another, which is exactly the same but for colour, is assembled in England?

Happy to say that the Peruzzo TB100 is 100% Made in Italy.

After much deliberation we are going to start also bringing in 2 further models

TB100 with B + S 14 HP recoil start £3500.00 inc vat

TB100 with B + S 18HP Electric Start. £4500.00 Inc vat

Coming with centrifugal clutch that means the engine won't stall when there is a blockage. It also means that if the chipper becomes blocked you simply take off the belt cover and turn the drum manually to get the blockage out. Only the best chippers have these. Units are on order and due in 2 weeks. Order yours now.

8 hours ago, PeteB said:

I'd be interested to know how many are actually made from start to finish in UK or Europe. It would seem to me that not many despite their claims. If one is made in the far East, then how come another, which is exactly the same but for colour, is assembled in England?

watched an interesting vid the other day, explaining why Chinese manufactured bikes can be sold as made in Germany..  Apparently the bikes are made in China, but sent to Indonesia to be painted. because being painted in another country is seen as adding value to the product, this has a bearing on the  import tax, goes from 13 percent to five..

Then cobbling the finished product together in Germany/England, it allows you to legally claim the item is made in Germany/England..

Greenmech could of course do the same thing, have the metalwork fabricated in China, get it painted somewhere else then add the value by assembling the product at home and only using top spec components on final assembly..

Bearings/engines and electronics...   to be honest, no one gives a monkey if something is fully manufactured in Britain, they care if its a quality product..  

If I could lower the price, but keep the same high standards I recon I'd give that some serious thought..

• 2 weeks later...

Having hired for a week and geting on well with the Timberwolf I’m thinking of buying a machine.

I’ve seen this 

https://www.frjonesandson.co.uk/products/dr-premier-11-50-rs-wood-chipper/

wondeing if anyone has one/used one?

if so how good are they?

or am I better getting the rock venom/ or a second hand Timberwolf?

i can’t justify £5k on a greenmesh and know whatever I buy won’t be perfect.

thanka in advance

• Like 1