The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

One point to bear in mind is...

That the single cylinder, non-commercial engines fitted to these low priced chippers will not have the same pickup rate, smoothness of running, engine note or longevity as the V twin such as fitted to machine such as the CS100 or higher end Jo Beau.

The engine fitted might not be designed for much more than what a home owner would use in a life time of occasional weekends.

Nor the metal used able to withstand the stresses of professional use.

I guess if you are not using these low end chippers as your main machine year in year out they are worth a punt for a start up Arb business.

Ty

6 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

One point to bear in mind is...

That the single cylinder, non-commercial engines fitted to these low priced chippers will not have the same pickup rate, smoothness of running, engine note or longevity as the V twin such as fitted to machine such as the CS100 or higher end Jo Beau.

The engine fitted might not be designed for much more than what a home owner would use in a life time of occasional weekends.

Nor the metal used able to withstand the stresses of professional use.

I guess if you are not using these low end chippers as your main machine year in year out they are worth a punt for a start up Arb business.

Ty

that's true  but there are a lot of guys and girls on here  who don't do trees full time  or are only looking at doing small to medium jobs  and these machines  make it possible to have a chipper and compete with full time tree gangs!   I did which for me is a big job   2 50ft  1 40 ft and 7 other 20-30 conifers    fells  and  and a 30ft maple  and other  shrubs we had to climb the bigger 3  we always knew the trees would be down but never thought we would have a chance to finish the chipping with the machine i own (titan beaver )   to my shock and Amazement ! the chipping was finished about an hour after we finished the fells    really thought we would be coming back  to chip a massive pile the next day ! the machine worked all day  and  and i spent £15 in fuel for it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well after alot of looking and asking around I'm nearly at a choice. If I'm going to go cheap as in under £2000 I'm going for the ceccato olindo maxi. It's Italian made with a gx 390 engine and looks very capable for its size. 2 yr warranty but no UK dealers, but that's no different to all the Chinese clones.

If I go over £2000, it's either the Haecksler or the cs100. The haecksler looks easier to move about but the cs100 obviously has more grunt. Any input would be great

I've watched the Ceccato vid on Youtube.  Apart from the lack of PPE on the company's own vid (!) it's not a gravity fed machine as it has an infeed roller which is nice.  But there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to want to use it; my gravity fed Jo Beau's half the size and twice the working speed of it.

Given that there are also no agents in this country is it really a good choice?  Have you considered a used Jo Beau?  Speak to Dean at Global.  They're not common but you wouldn't be paying for the early capital depreciation (which is low) and the machine would still have considerable value when you came to sell it on.

Things do go wrong with machines and you do need parts: opting for one that has no support in this country is a brave move.

Of your current options the CS100 is the most sensible I think.

I agree on the Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 18 HP being the cats cahoonas..That's why they fit them in the Peruzzo TB100-C.

[ YT ]7HB--kTUswU[ /YT ]

Daniel Whitehead
Equipment 4 Industry
Trading Division of Engines 4 Industry Ltd
www.e-4-i.co.uk
Equipment4Industry on Facebook and ebay
Tel:01142238080
Mob:07971856205