The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

12 minutes ago, voj maintenance said:

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure and I retract my insinuating remarks. Well then Deleks have blatantly ripped off the design of the greenmech and added a few things. The woman from delek I spoke to was honest enough to say the were made in china but to their spec so apparently are better made than most, is that true? I don't know. Just supposing for a moment it is as good as the greenmech, or indeed any other well known brand how can how can these companies justify charging 3 times as much, even after taking into consideration the higher production cost of the UK or Europe. The more I look the more I feel prices of these chippers are well inflated

...Made to Delek's spec perhaps but with materials of what quality?   Sorry but I'm very suspicious of anything made in China though things will improve - viz Japanese products; 'Jap crap' in the 60s and 70s, brilliant now.

Then again I'm a devoted Jo Beau owner and have no regrets about paying as much as I did.  You get what you pay for!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nepia said:

...Made to Delek's spec perhaps but with materials of what quality?   Sorry but I'm very suspicious of anything made in China though things will improve - viz Japanese products; 'Jap crap' in the 60s and 70s, brilliant now.

Then again I'm a devoted Jo Beau owner and have no regrets about paying as much as I did.  You get what you pay for!

This is true in some respects. Just out of curiosity I just checked my Masport mower. It's my go to mower for most of my grass jobs, the second I've owned, the first lasted nearly 5 years and it doesn't miss a beat. In my opinion a fantastic mower. I'm not saying its as good as an etesia for example but with it costing nearly 3 times less it does the job very well. Guess where it's made? China. Makes you wonder!

3 hours ago, voj maintenance said:

Yes many look the same. The Deleks one is a carbon copy of the greenmech cs100 as far as I can see, appart from the folding hoper and swivel chute and 15hp Briggs instead of 18hp. I have spoken to both Deleks and my local green mech dealer today and it may be a strange coincidence but both machines are on a 2-3 week wait. I also spoke to a farm supplier who have dealt with Deleks and he reckons it is well built stuff. I may take a punt for price.

Bare in mind aswell, the greenmech uses a B&S Vanguard, which is a commercial grade engine, different kettle of fish.

Like comparing a professional Stihl/Husqvarna chainsaw with a domestic saw from the same brand.

1 hour ago, scbk said:

Bare in mind aswell, the greenmech uses a B&S Vanguard, which is a commercial grade engine, different kettle of fish.

Like comparing a professional Stihl/Husqvarna chainsaw with a domestic saw from the same brand.

Yes good point, I've just managed to see from the video it's a 2100 series briggs. Not commercial rated as you say. 

I'd be interested to hear from any body still using Chinese made machines who have posted on here previously are they still good?

Both the machines I talked about are not available for a couple of weeks  so I have some time to keep looking. Any suggestions.?

Another brand cecatto olindo. They have a small chippers, one which looks like the oxdale one at around £1600. Looks very capable in the video. And another which is called the monster at around £3200, the have a blades and hammers but only one hopper. Both with Honda gx 390 engines. Only problem is if you have a problem they are in italy

I had a look at the Marcus advert for the Delek. Was quite surprised to see that one of the photographs was a Tech drawing of the CS100 cassette and drum! The Chinese stuff is a lot cheaper than European built stuff as their raw materials and labour are considerably cheaper. Incidentally, when the chute on the Delek is folded, is there an interlocking interface to prevent the engine from running?

50 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I had a look at the Marcus advert for the Delek. Was quite surprised to see that one of the photographs was a Tech drawing of the CS100 cassette and drum! The Chinese stuff is a lot cheaper than European built stuff as their raw materials and labour are considerably cheaper. Incidentally, when the chute on the Delek is folded, is there an interlocking interface to prevent the engine from running?

Not sure to be honest. All I can see is that the cable from the emergency stop runs down the hopper, maybe there's a contact breaker where the hopper opens.?