The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Yeh a swivel would be great, it just seems that when you change to left or right the chip flow out of the machine is interrupted at the chip deflector creating an abrupt angle change. Maybe a slight change in the profiles of the deflector even could work. Swivel would be best though. Would the peruzzo tb100 discharge cute for the cs100 perhaps? Could be worth a try.

Edited by northman
Spelling

Just spotted a Delek DK 800. 15 hp Briggs engine. Looks just like a CS100 at a third of the price. Any body know any thing about them? It has a hinged hopper and a directional chute and a clutch to disengage the engine from the drum. Which all looks very handy.

Edited by voj maintenance

Yes many look the same. The Deleks one is a carbon copy of the greenmech cs100 as far as I can see, appart from the folding hoper and swivel chute and 15hp Briggs instead of 18hp. I have spoken to both Deleks and my local green mech dealer today and it may be a strange coincidence but both machines are on a 2-3 week wait. I also spoke to a farm supplier who have dealt with Deleks and he reckons it is well built stuff. I may take a punt for price.

2 minutes ago, voj maintenance said:

I'm not disputing that, but if you compare  it to the Deleks, there's no disputing it is virtually the same machine, just out of interest, where is the greenmech produced?

The GreenMech chippers are all designed and manufactured in Alcester, Warwickshire, UK..

• Like 1

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure and I retract my insinuating remarks. Well then Deleks have blatantly ripped off the design of the greenmech and added a few things. The woman from delek I spoke to was honest enough to say the were made in china but to their spec so apparently are better made than most, is that true? I don't know. Just supposing for a moment it is as good as the greenmech, or indeed any other well known brand how can how can these companies justify charging 3 times as much, even after taking into consideration the higher production cost of the UK or Europe. The more I look the more I feel prices of these chippers are well inflated

• Like 1