The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I used my m200 for the first time on Saturday I managed 3 jobs with it I chipped and removed on 2 and left chip spread out on the flower bed on an other .

I'm finding out after just a day how you need to treat the job differently .

It's proving to be very rewarding and fun experience 😎👍[ATTACH]214852[/ATTACH][ATTACH]214853[/ATTACH]

Hi Andrew, any chance of some video of your machine and what its capable of ?

I have a couple of the M300 on YouTube but would love to see what the smaller machine can do.

Hi Andrew, any chance of some video of your machine and what its capable of ?

I have a couple of the M300 on YouTube but would love to see what the smaller machine can do.

Yes of course I am only using it for weekend jobs at the moment so it might be a while before I can get something sorted .

So far I'm very impressed 😎👍

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1481561271.122550.jpg.015b52b7d01641b8ac0e6c8d9d91ce50.jpg

Used it properly for over 2 hours today pushed well over its weight I could not actually believe what this machine is capable of I would recommend this machine to anybody that has the use for it. Was chipping fig, ivy and also field maple it literally dragged the brash straight out of my hands, and I'm sure the jo beau machines are just as good as this machine. Any tips on using this machine are very welcome.

Any tips on using this machine are very welcome.

1. If you are chipping into a trailer, strap the chute to the back of the trailer, otherwise when you put long pieces into the hopper, it can tip backwards, creating a vertical fountain of chip.

2. Run a bunggee from the top removable section and hook it into the foot stand. Otherwise the top can fly off..........creating a vertical fountain of chip.

It is hard work I have to ask people to give me a hand every now and again as I push it up to wedge something behind the wheels to stop it rolling so I can then get inside the van and pull it inside.

I know exactly where you're coming from, I had the same issue loading mine on the trailer, had to try to hold it from running back while I was getting on the trailer. I'm thinking on a length of angle iron with teeth cut in it and bolted across the chassis rails under the front handle, I should then be able to drop it down on the loading ramps (2 8' scaffold planks) and hopefully it'll hold until I get in the trailer. Alternatively a length of rope attached to the front of the trailer and a prusik on the handle of the chipper, that should hold it.

With my Jo Beau I toolclip one end of a length of old multiplait to a shackle permanently fixed to the chipper framework then hand over hand the machine up the ramps from the pickup, jamming my feet against the base of the open tailgate (or frame of a trailer). The rope has a series of triple Fishermans tied in it.