The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I couldn't justify 3-4K either as I'm just getting started and the trailer was purchased on Tuesday. I could have gone for a used chipper but getting a 2nd hand anything in N.I. is nigh on impossible. I'm intending using it commercially but as a sole trader it isn't going to be in daily use so should be ok.

In the end the engine should be fine and the chipper unit is basically 2 blades on a rotor driven by V belts and a fixed anvil, assuming the rotor is balanced and it doesn't shake itself to bits there's only the bearings which I suppose I could replace with quality ones before the current ones fall apart.

If it falls apart C'est La Vie. :001_cool:

I have battered mine for nearly 3 years and no problems with the ding dang dong engine .little clip

Ste

I do something similar with our m200 for basal pruning to 5 metres. Not sure about the m250 but two guys can lift our in and our of a trailer etc which makes it very flexible. I can put it on our plant trailer at the head of the digger or it can sit in the bed of the transit tipper for very restrictive jobs.

I found that the m200 is the perfect height for a wheelie bin as well. We've done a few jobs down long tight alleys and you can chip into the bin then walk back to the main vehicle.

Cheers richy

Good point about it fitting on with other gear as I reckon it will fit in the little p7 trailer with the hb20 if needed.

Going to take a little re education the lads after being spoilt by running big chippers for so long.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Yeah. There is definitely a knack to it and the extra time snedding really helps. After a few hour you get a really good feel for what it can and can't eat though. We've not had it that long and now we're rarely have a blockage.

For us its mainly bundles of finger width lime branches which I thought would have been a nightmare but as long as you keep the it to a handful at a time it is great. You can easily create a few cubic metres an hour of chip so it's pretty productive. We've filled the caged 3017 in an afternoon without too much effort.

I imagine the m300 and m400 are great machines as well but they were a bit pricey for my use. The m200 was around £2k and pays itself back in no time.

Edited by richy_B

Magic matey

Sent from my SM-G935F using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi, well I managed to get some footage of the Venom chipper today, mainly Ash and a couple of pieces of Hawthorn. In the end we cleared all the brash from the pile in the clip plus 2 smaller piles of again mainly Ash and ended up with the trailer filled to the bottom of the mesh sides .

r-mac-albums-equipment-picture8383-venom-13hp-chjipper-ifor-williams-lm85.jpg

I'll post the video below but 1st I need to warn you about;

1st. The poor image quality

2nd. The iffy sound quality

and last but by no means least,

The constant use of the non-word Ahh/Umm. Public terrors holds no speaking for me LOL :biggrin:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dORudLaXkxI[/ame]

• Thanks 1

Great video R Mac that's exactly what I was needing. It would appear that your setup is similar to mines. I'm just starting out and is mostly domestic work I do. If we ate doing something bigger I'll hire a tracked chipper in.

Better job on the public speaking bit. I couldn't do it.

Cheers Baz

Sent from my SM-G935F using Arbtalk mobile app

Thanks, I'm happy enough so far, like you I can hire something bigger if I need it. I'm not saying it's any better than other machines with similar spec, they're all much of a muchness from what I can see, just different layout or engines but I guess Briggs & Stratton are as good as say Lifan, Loncin etc, I imagine Honda engines are a step up but you can buy a Honda Engine for @£600.

Pricewise only MDL are more competitive if you buy from the UK, I had to pay an extra £95 for delivery on mine but still ok.