The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

After much stress trying to sort and render it, I have finally managed to do a video of my m500 on a 30 min session on poplar, sycamore and conifer. Now I know 30 mins of chipping is gonna be boring so feel free to skip through but I have yet to see a decent honest video of the m500 at work. I have done no editing so it's not just the "highlights" so to speak. The largest pieces go through towards the end and are 5-6" poplar. Hope this video helps some make a decission...enjoy.

Colette,

Thanks for your effort in taking the video. I have been looking at this machine for a while now. With showing this, I know I can take care of the majority of my work. The balance, my mates with their bigger choppers can deal with.

Would the m500 be able to drive itself up a ramp into the back of a 110 high cap do you think? Are they any good on the slopes?

P.s. Love the blue strap holding the throttle open? I had a demo and knocked the throttle off with a gnarly bit of conifer! What do you think of the folding plate too, thinking about regs etc or does that really matter being as the cs100 doesn't have one?

All the best

After much stress trying to sort and render it, I have finally managed to do a video of my m500 on a 30 min session on poplar, sycamore and conifer. Now I know 30 mins of chipping is gonna be boring so feel free to skip through but I have yet to see a decent honest video of the m500 at work. I have done no editing so it's not just the "highlights" so to speak. The largest pieces go through towards the end and are 5-6" poplar. Hope this video helps some make a decission...enjoy.

Thanks for taking the time to put up that video I am impressed by the m500's capabilities. I'm now looking into them as well, my other option is the timberwolf 125ph.

I just have a couple of questions for you howuch did you pay for it and did you buy it new? Also how many hours work do you do with it before you sharpen the blades?

Cheers, james

I might steal your video, your right there aren't many good video's. Usually when I am doing demo's the customers are getting used to feeding the chipper so not the best time. Looks like you have the hang of it.

I might steal your video, your right there aren't many good video's. Usually when I am doing demo's the customers are getting used to feeding the chipper so not the best time. Looks like you have the hang of it.

Feel free, thought it was about time a better video surfaced showing its full capability and I hope this one shows it in a good light as it certainly impresses me.

Bit of feedback for jobeau here...could the hopper be tapered? If the opening was closer to the full width at the top instead of -6" around and then tapering down to the drum it would be much more efficient as it would take larger crotche's easier.

Thanks for taking the time to put up that video I am impressed by the m500's capabilities. I'm now looking into them as well, my other option is the timberwolf 125ph.

I just have a couple of questions for you howuch did you pay for it and did you buy it new? Also how many hours work do you do with it before you sharpen the blades?

Cheers, james

I bought it second hand and paid £4500 inc vat for it with a little over 200 hrs on the clock. With regards to knives, as with any chipper, it all depends how careful you are with what you are putting in but I'd say 40+ hours before I turn the knives over so 80+ before sharpening but I am very careful with what I put in.

Colette,

Thanks for your effort in taking the video. I have been looking at this machine for a while now. With showing this, I know I can take care of the majority of my work. The balance, my mates with their bigger choppers can deal with.

Would the m500 be able to drive itself up a ramp into the back of a 110 high cap do you think? Are they any good on the slopes?

P.s. Love the blue strap holding the throttle open? I had a demo and knocked the throttle off with a gnarly bit of conifer! What do you think of the folding plate too, thinking about regs etc or does that really matter being as the cs100 doesn't have one?

All the best

By folding plate do you mean at the top of the hopper? Mine is an earlier model so didn't actually come with one fitted but I can see the point of it however, you would have to take a running dive to get to the knives on mine, the hopper is deeper than it looks. Re the ramps, I see no reason why with a decent set of ramps it couldn't be loaded in a landy. It's no 4x4 but it's not bad on slopes and offroad, best to shut the revs down before trying to set off though as it spins otherwise. Haha that strap is duel purposed, it's actually there to secure the hopper upright for transport but doubles up well to keep the throttle on as mine seems to vibrate down over time or if you chuck a big lump in which is a little anoying but not a difficult fix.

Feel free, thought it was about time a better video surfaced showing its full capability and I hope this one shows it in a good light as it certainly impresses me.

Bit of feedback for jobeau here...could the hopper be tapered? If the opening was closer to the full width at the top instead of -6" around and then tapering down to the drum it would be much

I bought it second hand and paid £4500 inc vat for it with a little over 200 hrs on the clock. With regards to knives, as with any chipper, it all depends how careful you are with what you are putting in but I'd say 40+ hours before I turn the knives over so 80+ before sharpening but I am very careful with what I put in.

By folding plate do you mean at the top of the hopper? Mine is an earlier model so didn't actually come with one fitted but I can see the point of it however, you would have to take a running dive to get to the knives on mine, the hopper is deeper than it looks. Re the ramps, I see no reason why with a decent set of ramps it couldn't be loaded in a landy. It's no 4x4 but it's not bad on slopes and offroad, best to shut the revs down before trying to set off though as it spins otherwise. Haha that strap is duel purposed, it's actually there to secure the hopper upright for transport but doubles up well to keep the throttle on as mine seems to vibrate down over time or if you chuck a big lump in which is a little anoying but not a difficult fix.

Good review George, thanks very much.

I'm a bit confused, have the Jo Beau 500M chipper bin ungraded over the last few years?...

Theres another vid online an their chipper looks bigger..

As far as I'm aware, the only differance between mine and a new one is the fold down bit at the top of the hopper and the optional quick release discharge chute

As far as I'm aware, the only differance between mine and a new one is the fold down bit at the top of the hopper and the optional quick release discharge chute

well then, they must have got some dwarfs in to do this one then..

[ame]

[/ame]