The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I bought a new cs 100 last year, and have to say it's one of the best bits of kit I own. However, reading previous comments, I am guessing it should have a small tool kit, which I never received. What tools should come with it? I have already gone back to the supplier to get a socket attachment for changing the blades.

• 2 weeks later...

Relatively new to The Wee Chipper Club with my CS100.

Had chosen the CS100 mainly based on reviews from here. And I'm thoroughly pleased with it, it's surprisingly capable and more than suits my needs.

A couple of pics:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430918359.665391.jpg.8b41c68cca13f995c33590237192a1cb.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430918368.672406.jpg.bc72382b7ee98b37c7992d480c6f2b8c.jpg

I certainly like the idea of the GM purpose built CS100 Trailer, but figured it wouldn't be cost effective to adapt for off-road use as 90% of the time it'll be dragged about the fields. Winching it into my ATV Tipping Trailer may do for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Padman - the CS100 shims are for when the blades have been ground a few times and their overall width reduces to 48mm (i believe that's the correct width). As I discovered, once the blades are narrower than that, the edge of the blade doesn't make proper contact with the timber being fed in, and instead, the top of the blade catches first, and doesn't cut very well at all, so the shims lift the blade to counter that. Re the tool kit - mine was a used machine from global and didn't have any tools / shims etc. No big problem - a 3/8 T40 drive from Halfords prof range wasn't much money, the shims are a couple of quid each, and a feeler gauge is probably already in your tool kit! I've never used the M300, and not sure on price, but from what I see in the vids, I reckon the CS100 is the better machine? With new blades, it'll chew through 4" timber with no probs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, hopefully someone can help. Customer of ours has a large garden and a bit of land, he cuts just about everything for fire wood (down to a couple of inches-must have patience of a saint) but wants a chipper shredder for small twiggy stuff and woody shrub prunings that take too long to compost. He is looking at around £1200 mark and found the eliet maestro chipper shredder. Does anyone use our know anything about these- are they any good or do you have any other suggestions? My dad has an old eliet that is larger and had proved very good for him, just wondering if any one recommends new stuff, I have no idea as run a tw150 and 230 so not the same machine size! Thanks in advance. Peter

Hi, hopefully someone can help. Customer of ours has a large garden and a bit of land, he cuts just about everything for fire wood (down to a couple of inches-must have patience of a saint) but wants a chipper shredder for small twiggy stuff and woody shrub prunings that take too long to compost. He is looking at around £1200 mark and found the eliet maestro chipper shredder. Does anyone use our know anything about these- are they any good or do you have any other suggestions? My dad has an old eliet that is larger and had proved very good for him, just wondering if any one recommends new stuff, I have no idea as run a tw150 and 230 so not the same machine size! Thanks in advance. Peter

Jo Beau offer the M200 at £1800 which is a 2" chipperImageUploadedByArbtalk1431851172.390524.jpg.1521e1817228841d8cc0ee8aa85dfcd5.jpg