The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Thanks for the input, I'll check the gap soon & mebbe get a spare set of blades. I was once again impressed with this baby chipper when it was in (almost) constant use for 6 hrs & coped with all we chucked at it today, mostly wet conifer up to about 4 1/2":biggrin:. Used about 6 ltrs of juice.

The two flats are the shims, you can also shimmy the anvil too and fro! Torx drives are okay with the proviso that they are done up to 28nm with a torque wrench and I tend to give them a whack with a big punch before hitting them with a torque drive! Simples....the manual is available as a download from our website. Go to "Products", then " CS100" then "Download Manual".

Welcome to the Wee Chipper Club.:thumbup:

The two flats are the shims, you can also shimmy the anvil too and fro! Torx drives are okay with the proviso that they are done up to 28nm with a torque wrench and I tend to give them a whack with a big punch before hitting them with a torque drive! Simples....the manual is available as a download from our website. Go to "Products", then " CS100" then "Download Manual".

Welcome to the Wee Chipper Club.:thumbup:

28nm definitely ok then, I've been doing 30

Can I jump on this conversation and ask for the CS100:

1. When greasing bearings do you look for grease starting to ooze from the bearing cases as your stop point?

2. How many hours are getting before your blades need reversing? I'm up to about ten on mine and just starting to feel they are losing their edge. I don't chip the 4 inch max. - I restrict to 2 inches hardwood and 3 inches softwood to keep stress on the engine/belts to a minimum.

3. I'm not looking forward to undoing the torx bolts for the first time. Do you guys copper grease before reinstalling them?

Also I note the manual says 35NM for blade bolts?

Cheers.

Hi, just in case anyone is interested I made a short video of the Jo Beau M300. Have had it for a short while so far and only got to use it a few times but im very impressed with what it will do for a small chipper. Very economical on fuel and will get in to small spaces. It also fits perfectly in the back of a transit size van which means it can be locked out of sight and you can utilise all of a trailer for chip and logs if you need to.

[ame]

[/ame]

The first large branch was green wood and the second one is hard dead wood. It will chip different diameters of wood depending on hardness upto about 3 Inches.

P.s. I have no connection with Global Recycling other than buying the machine from them. ( The hi-viz was 'lent' to me when I had a demo at the APF :001_rolleyes: )

Edited by ANDY-501

Hi, just in case anyone is interested I made a short video of the Jo Beau M300. Have had it for a short while so far and only got to use it a few times but im very impressed with what it will do for a small chipper. Very economical on fuel and will get in to small spaces. It also fits perfectly in the back of a transit size van which means it can be locked out of sight and you can utilise all of a trailer for chip and logs if you need to.

The first large branch was green wood and the second one is hard dead wood. It will chip different diameters of wood depending on hardness upto about 3 Inches.

P.s. I have no connection with Global Recycling other than buying the machine from them. ( The hi-viz was 'lent' to me when I had a demo at the APF :001_rolleyes: )

I'll have to overlook the hi vis Andy now you posted a video.