Sign in to follow this  
Scottish Cleaning Service

Does anyone make up their own chains

Seeing as you’ve already brought the breaker and spinner then yes (depending on how many chains you go through of course) 

I tend to make chains for the larger saws only, (46, 66) the smaller (26,201, 2511) I buy ready made

I make up all mine for the processor. Dead easy job once you know how. The only pain is committing to whole roll of chain 

• Like 1

Definitely, it’s pretty frightening going through a reel of chain a year and working out what that would of cost you if you had brought it in ready made chains.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Bought an Oregon spinner and breaker to make up my own chains, just wondering if it will be worthwhile?

Yehhh....so lads I bought an 881 today...was it worth it?🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yup - providing you have enough saws with the same chain - gets silly otherwise 

2 hours ago, MattyF said:

Definitely, it’s pretty frightening going through a reel of chain a year and working out what that would of cost you if you had brought it in ready made chains.

How do you convert 100ft of chain on a reel to the number of links / number of loops it will make.

I have tried a few times & it seems I might save 50p to £1 on a loop if I make my own & not make any mistakes.