Self build canoe

harvey b davison

hi, just a quick up update, thouroghly enjoying the build process although rather slow process, due to other work related commitments. learning alot as i go, some mistakes made, some alterations being made and me being ott about how much glue etc im using. will definately be making some more, including different designs and also making my own oars.

DSCF0814.JPG

DSCF0820.JPG

DSCF0832.JPG

DSCF0836.JPG

DSCF0842.JPG

DSCF0845.JPG

DSCF0849.JPG

DSCF0855.JPG

DSCF0867.JPG

DSCF0874.JPG

DSCF0881.JPG

DSCF0886.JPG

DSCF0897.JPG

DSCF0905.JPG

DSCF0910.JPG

DSCF0918.JPG

• Like 14

Hi mate thats totally cool you should be chuffed amazing build ,what thickness ply did you use I have some void less ply for sale 4 and 6mm was used for jigsaw making PM me if interested , looking forward to seeing it with a seat if you have one what will you finish it with a lot of boat builders use West Systems Resin 

That looks great. You must be pretty chuffed 
Cheers [emoji106], I am. I'm really enjoying the build and cant wait to get it in the water, but I'm taking my time and doing some slight alterations to the design. One of them is the seating. In the original design it has fixed seating, but I'm making mine so the seat base lifts off to give me some covered storage.
  • Like 2

Hi mate thats totally cool you should be chuffed amazing build ,what thickness ply did you use I have some void less ply for sale 4 and 6mm was used for jigsaw making PM me if interested , looking forward to seeing it with a seat if you have one what will you finish it with a lot of boat builders use West Systems Resin 
Hi mark, I've used 6mm marine ply. West system resin is what I'm using. I've just started on the resin stage, I did the inside of it yesterday. I still need to ring you about this table I'm making, so I will call you this week if that's ok. I've got projects on the go, left right and centre at the moment [emoji23][emoji23]. Cheers.

18 hours ago, harvey b davison said:

hi, just a quick up update, thouroghly enjoying the build process although rather slow process, due to other work related commitments. learning alot as i go, some mistakes made, some alterations being made and me being ott about how much glue etc im using. will definately be making some more, including different designs and also making my own oars.

DSCF0814.JPG

DSCF0820.JPG

DSCF0832.JPG

DSCF0836.JPG

DSCF0842.JPG

DSCF0845.JPG

DSCF0849.JPG

DSCF0855.JPG

DSCF0867.JPG

DSCF0874.JPG

DSCF0881.JPG

DSCF0886.JPG