I got my tree reduced has it been done well?

Margaret1963

4 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Dempsey are you aware Scottish Cleaning Services has hijacked yr account?  K

Khriss, a sycamore like that can be reduced/topped multiple times with no problems.

I know that it should turn its toes up and die of shame but 

A: It is unaware of its aesthetic value to the human eye.

B: It didn’t go to college so doesn’t realise it should die to prove the arb fundamentalists right.

• Like 18
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Margaret1963 said:

Said on there buisness they were nptc qualified 

Saying that your NPTC qualified and being NPTC qualified is 2 totally different things that could be miles apart, with out seeing NPTC cert,s when i employ some one i just take it with a pinch of salt till i see that certificate, the travelling people will tell you anything and just fill you full of bullshit just to do a job like yours, sorry but its not good at all, i would be ashamed to send a invoice for that work,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Khriss, a sycamore like that can be reduced/topped multiple times with no problems.

I know that it should turn its toes up and die of shame but 

A: It is unaware of its aesthetic value to the human eye.

B: It didn’t go to college so doesn’t realise it should die to prove the arb fundamentalists right.

...... Changed yr password... Thank god  ☺️ K

It will re grow don’t panic, there is a good chance it will want good pruning work And a reshape in a few years time. 
however I would try a decent (read different) company next time, asking here or local recommendations should help with that. 

unless you asked for it to be topped as cheap as possible (as to reduced nicely) in which case you got exactly that and the contractor did as requested, however A decent contractor would normally try to educate the tree owner as to the better option. A decent reduction shouldn’t have had a big cost difference.

• Like 2