I got my tree reduced has it been done well?

Margaret1963

4 minutes ago, Margaret1963 said:

Price but other work from them looked ok

Cheap normally means crap! were they actually a bonified firm or a gardener with a chainsaw/travellers?

What was the spec that was agreed before they started?

• Like 1

@Margaret1963  basicaly you need a reason to reduce a healthy tree, which that tree does indeed look. As pruning wounds can lead to infection and tree decline. If done well, it can give you the results you want and maintain health. Badly done will lead to decline or shorten the life of a tree. K

1 minute ago, monkeybusiness said:

57/8 year old ladies tend to have better grammar than the poster - I smell a rat here.
I think it’s a more-recently ‘educated’ arb looking to rip apart someone’s work (quite rightly, as it is terrible). 

You ain't met the local Devonshire ladies. I can't understand them when I'm sober let alone drunk! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yes he could have shaped it better, but it’s not a catastrophe, assuming it’s a sycamore it’ll come back strong in the spring.

Dempsey are you aware Scottish Cleaning Services has hijacked yr account?  K

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yes he could have shaped it better, but it’s not a catastrophe, assuming it’s a sycamore it’ll come back strong in the spring.

Shame about the cuts too. Would have liked to see proper pruning cuts at the crotches instead of flat cuts 8"-10"+ away from the natural crotch. I feel that there's people who can't make a tree look nice pruning which is fine as it's all experience/learning, but cuts like that are just lazy... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

57/8 year old ladies tend to have better grammar than the poster - I smell a rat here.
I think it’s a more-recently ‘educated’ arb looking to rip apart someone’s work (quite rightly, as it is terrible). 

Not sure what that means. Was told by someone to post my pictures here as its a big community of arborists. So was just looking for information by professionals. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Margaret1963 said:

Said on there buisness they were nptc qualified 

That means they have passed basic industry competency tickets to use a chainsaw and climb a tree , doesn't mean they know what there doing in reality, its done now, leave it to recover and see how it goes

• Like 1