200t no half choke

stewmo

Hi all

I’m presuming this is down to wear on a part in the handle as saw runs fine otherwise. On off lever just moves straight from full choke to on.

Any tips on what to look for as I understand opening up the handle can get messy

Cheers [emoji106]

Hopefully I get extra marks for effort here... DSC_0248.thumb.JPG.8cfea92ee0f51a152cfca33275977b49.JPG

Here's a photo of the handle mechanism. It's really basic and nothing to be afraid of.

DSC_0251.thumb.JPG.b578c0190cf20a9be179cf14d26fcd1a.JPG

At the front there's the little white part, you can see how the orange trigger has a little catch on the front that mates with it, that's what holds the trigger at half choke. If the white bit is worn or the trigger it won't hold.

DSC_0250.thumb.JPG.f2b05515a735aca7dd80585f5c81320d.JPG

The above shows it in the run position with the white bit (the switch) disengaged from the trigger

If you work out which bit is worn out then: 

Trigger is- 

1129 180 1500

White rotary switch is-

1129 180 0900

You may just find there's junk in there. You can clean it out and lubricate it with some grease, the manual suggests the stihl multipurpose grease 0781 120 1109 but anything similar works. 

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KWarb17 said:

Sorry I was a bit half hearted🤦‍♂️

Nice looking 200 though...recent pictures?

Rebuilt in September/October time. I bought it offline in a "spares/repairs" state and stripped it to nuts and bolts, ultrasonic cleaned everything, re-powdercoated the crankcase and rebuilt it! She's a beaut now! 

_20200528_111056.thumb.JPG.585d85e12a5158bb0bb6c21b552535f1.JPGGot it like this

DSC_1113.thumb.JPG.c0d38437f8b89f82a9710fb88e341c3c.JPGTurned it into this! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Rebuilt in September/October time. I bought it offline in a "spares/repairs" state and stripped it to nuts and bolts, ultrasonic cleaned everything, re-powdercoated the crankcase and rebuilt it! She's a beaut now! 

_20200528_111056.thumb.JPG.585d85e12a5158bb0bb6c21b552535f1.JPGGot it like this

DSC_1113.thumb.JPG.c0d38437f8b89f82a9710fb88e341c3c.JPGTurned it into this! 

Extremely good job👌

Could you dm a contact for repowder coating?

• Like 1

I just looked in the interwebs,  powdercoat near me. Well somthing like that.

it came up with a few..I just chose one near me popped in and asked them if they could do it. (It was about 18months ago) I already had the 044 cases and covers in the car so they could see them and quote me. £70.. I thought at the time it was ok, although I never asked anyone else. 

the powdercoaters I used actually do a lot of stuff for Gatwick air port.   The only thing you will need is a ral code if you want it very close to oem colours.  I went for Matt black.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wonky said:

I just looked in the interwebs,  powdercoat near me. Well somthing like that.

it came up with a few..I just chose one near me popped in and asked them if they could do it. (It was about 18months ago) I already had the 044 cases and covers in the car so they could see them and quote me. £70.. I thought at the time it was ok, although I never asked anyone else. 

the powdercoaters I used actually do a lot of stuff for Gatwick air port.   The only thing you will need is a ral code if you want it very close to oem colours.  I went for Matt black.

I just used their charts, I did all the prep myself (stripping, filling and masking) and paid around £20 for what I called a "Blow and go" 😂 You could probably take a new piece to a decorator suppliers and get them to scan it for the nearest RAL match? 

• Like 1