Tip site usage

Chopper310

Depends on variables outside of your control.  I've been registered for a while and have been used twice - by the same person both times.  The variables are:

Where people are working and need to get rid of chip/logs/etc

How many other tip sites are nearby

What their tip-site write-up says about ease of access, how much is wanted, what is wanted, what is not wanted etc

It's just a waiting game by all accounts....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chopper310 said:

I've just registered my yard as a free tip site for hardwood/softwood and was wondering if anyone has had experience of how likely it is to be used?

As has already been said, its a waiting game. You can improve your chances of being used somewhat by making your listing look a bit more friendly. I wrote an article here which might be useful.

As far as how likely it is to be used I can answer that within a little. I track clicks made on the contact button on the listings page. Below is statistics from the month of January which speaks for itself. That doesn't mean to say that every one of those clicks resulted in a delivery being made, but even if we take an arbitrary figure of 30%, it still equates to approximately 10 deliveries being made every day.

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 10.34.37.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marksquirrell said:

I’m far more inclined to use someone with good directions and instructions where to tip and who doesn’t want to be called for prior arrangements

Yep. And also, I was looking for one for a job coming up soon, found four within the area I will be working, all free except one trying to charge over load. They get ignored!

• Like 1

I registered as a site ages ago but stipulated hardwood good for burning ... the only call I've ever had was someone looking to offload a large amount of chippings.

I think people are wise to hardwood having a value so don't give it away .... maybe I should have stated I'd happily pay for uncut / unseasoned, I'm guessing if you'll accept softwood you'd probably may get more response.

Edited by Witterings
  • Like 1

I registered as a site ages ago but stipulated hardwood good for burning

Why say  only  hardwood    as  softwood will burn just fine?

Also you may be excluding tha chance of some decent  logs from a  mixed log a chip & load.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Why say  only  hardwood    as  softwood will burn just fine?

Also you may be excluding tha chance of some decent  logs from a  mixed log a chip & load.

I was gonna go off on one but , hey ....😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1