Distance a Tree Can be safely growing to a house

Dan27

On 06/01/2021 at 21:14, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I'm a joiner to trade and before I joined the Fire Service I worked with Balfour Beatty as a shuttering joiner so did all the foundations for buildings. As for tree knowledge I watched a documentary on the life cycle of an oak tree. As someone said the roots are not that deep bar the centre tap root. The roots will stretch out as far as the branches do so its not rocket science. If the branches are touching the window then the roots are under the house. When you build a building the first thing you do is scrape away all the 2 foot layer of topsoil and put it in a pile so if the roots were in it then they will be gone. The builder isn't interested in the tree roots, all they want to do is get the house up and be paid. As I look at the house all I see is a death trap because if it falls on the house we are talking 10 tons or more of wood going through it. I wouldn't be able to sleep in that house with a hundred foot tree beside it. fwiw 

Did this guy just say tap root 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Oki Dokey, I only really post what I read on Google or have knowledge of it. I am wrong everyday in my short life so I have got used to it. The higher a tree grows then the easier it is to get blown over so I wouldn't want a tall tree anywhere near my property or I would be up there with a saw reducing it, TPO or not, my life comes first. I should have been a lawyer but there was no money in it because I have always had this ability to upset folk with the slightest thing, only then, the person opens up and spills all their knowledge out and I take it in for my next business. 😉

Has google not told you that trees are self optimising. 

You really need to do further research. In realtity trees dont just blow over, nearly every tree ive dealt with has either had an underlying condition / freak storm or such

we are not every day cutting up tall trees because they've blown over.  

Edited by mtt.tr
  • Like 1

Oddly , I can remember a time when half of my customers wanted a tree out cos ' its too big ' and quite a lot of honest tree companies will have made their money out of that - back then . Obvs I put those customer right , now . But something to remmember. K

• Like 1