Distance a Tree Can be safely growing to a house

Dan27

1 minute ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Well you can always leave, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You are doing your tree service company no good acting like a child. If you don't like reading things then just ignore it. 😉

my concern is that you give false information to somebody who doesn’t know any better and the possible repercussions that may follow. Instead of offering advice on tree stability and the intricacies of trees in relation to construction (a subject that you clearly have a lack of knowledge on) maybe you should save your input until someone wants to know how to clean something, “write a book” or be a fireman

theres been many like you before and i’m pretty sure you won’t be the last. Enjoy it while it lasts 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

The roots will stretch out as far as the branches do so its not rocket science. If the branches are touching the window then the roots are under the house.

How do you explain this? 🤔

iu.jpeg.ee47b7829b7dd8dc0ff15354ef1a2568.jpeg

• Like 1

Do tulip trees have deep roots? It grows very rapidly in deep, rich well-drained soils with uniform rainfall. Dry summer weather causes physiological problems. Tulip tree drops its foliage in response to drought and is somewhat weak-wooded." ... Most active tree roots are in the top 3 feet of soil; the majority are in the top 12 inches.1 Jul 2008

Do you know anything about the soil conditions on this site and if you did the relevance to the tree species and it’s relationship with buildings ? Are you a TPO and tree law expert ?
Either try and take in thus far what the experts have said and learn something or go back to licking windows clean and stop posting irrelevant misleading comments to some one after serious advice.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Problem I have found is that most information of tulip trees is when it's grown in America. 

Not much information on tulip trees growing in UK. 

The soil in my garden is a mixture of flint and clay. 

I appreciate everyone's comments and as a person who knows next to nothing about trees, comments about seeing this trees as a death trap are very concerning - but I try to take them with a pinch of salt. 

I have already put in planning permission with the council - about a month ago when I was told about my sons allergens and it was only yesterday that I had some contact back and this is why I am now looking for more angels than just the allergy to approach this. 

I am not happy as to how close the tree is too my house and the possible future ramifications it could possibly pose. 

This tree isn't 100's of years old. I assume it was planted by the original land owner about 50-60 years ago. 

There are pics on Google earth that shows on 1990 the whole area was woodland and you can't identify any one tree. 

The next picture is in 2003 and the tree then is much, much smaller than what it is now. 

The tree can not be seen from the main road and is only visible to a very small number of people. There are a maximum of 10 houses (including mine) that can possibly see it - although I am unsure this has any influence on the decision of the council tree officer. 

I just look up the facts on Goggle and I guess sometimes its wrong. Its always the same when I go on a forum. I'm ridiculed then I'm violently opposed and then I'm accepted as self-evident. I actually enjoy it because it gives me the motivation to build a business. My window cleaning business is thriving but I have always liked gardening so being a tree surgeon is my next step. [emoji6]

Go back and read Chris from Eden’s comments ,try and take some of that on board .. if your serious and not a troll this is a better place to get your research from than google
WWW.TREES.ORG.UK

A world-leading authority for over 50 years on arboricultural best practice, the Association delivers professional standards and guidance, ensuring responsible management of the trees in our care. The Association is a membership organisation that offers training and workshops, help and advice, general publications and journals, and professional directories.Representing the Voice of Arboriculture.
  • Like 2

I think you're in for a real fight to get the tree removed. From my experience with TPO's which is limited at best they have only removed actually dangerous trees, i.e. ones that have physical evidence of danger like the ground shifting where roots are lifting or severe damage to the trunk.

They are, however, usually much more receptive to a crown reduction/pruning plan created by a certificated arborist. This would reduce the amount of pollen released (although we have discussed before how the pollen from a tulip is extremely large and sticky and is actually suggested to people with allergens as its one of few trees that produces a pollen that's extremely low on the allergen scale) and also reduce the windage so it's less likely to come down on your house. You have to remember that there are millions of extremely tall and large trees in the UK, just because they are tall doesn't mean that they will fall over next gust of breeze. 

• Like 1