Pedstrian stump grinder security

mitchel

What do people use to secure there stump grinders in there units?

Just got an fsi b22 shame they dont do a box you bolt to floor the put head end in then slide bars in with padlocks to stop bars being slid out so you cant pull it out the box. Or a wheel clamp you can padlock to floor?

if theres no off shelf security available that isnt terrible and you have a concrete floor in unit where its stored options are good.

take to a local blacksmith and ask him to make you something to slide over head and a anchor point for floor, or a wheel cover that bolts to floor also.  certinaly country ones around here could knock something up easy that would take a decent effort to cut to bits - which at least means insurers have no easy get out clause.

if not a solid floor do what i did for part of trailer security and dug a huge pit, put a chain with rebar through links into soil into it and then packed with over a cube of concrete.  loop around part of trailer and a very nice padlock - needs a good grinder or gas torch to cut.

layers are your friend

• Like 4

Didn't have anything on mine, feckers picked it up and carried it out the pedestrian door.

I was looking at motorbike security products before deciding just to go back to hiring. There's a whole raft of gear around, such as bolt down anchor points and chains too thick for bolt cutters. As David says nothing is absolutely secure but you can slow them down, hopefully enough that they give up.

I have also upgraded the alarm on the shed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1