Timberwolf 230 DHB Starting Issues

jurassic86

Hi Guys,

Just to update you all.

Fuel Filter (In Line) one is fitted correctly. It is however only half full of fuel. Photo attached. I have removed it, blown into it and the fuel tank starts filling up with air and then fuel comes shooting out it again.

Further along - the main fuel filter looks old and will change that but is full of fuel.

I removed the bleed screw from the fuel pump and fuel was coming out of here with pressure so that looked in order.

Unsure what has gone on in the past but someone has removed these cables from the wiring loom, looks to have at one point had a bullet connector fitted and either its come off or someone's removed it. 

ECU is solid green - no flashing or red lights.

Air Filter - Looks brand new.

Glow Plug Light - It was a mistake on my part- the light does go out after about 10/15 seconds.

This morning it will not even start from cold. Not even the slightest sight of it starting, just turning over.

Any help would be welcome. 

photo_2021-01-06_10-49-37 (2).jpg

photo_2021-01-06_10-49-37.jpg

• Sad 1

Things to try....

Add 12 volts with a makeshift wire from the battery directly to the glow plug rail. Does it start better? If so your pre heating system has an issue.

Are you physically getting plenty of fuel at the injection pump? Even if your fuel filters look clean.

Remove the stop solenoid, does it start up correctly now? You'll need something to poke in the hole to turn the engine off. 

• Like 1

If you're having cold start issues too then this all looks like air in the fuel system. Make sure all the connections are tight, hold that fuel filter upright so the air can come out, bleed the system again and if it's still an issue it will either be a rubber hose or a crack in the fuel system somewhere. 

15 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

If you're having cold start issues too then this all looks like air in the fuel system. Make sure all the connections are tight, hold that fuel filter upright so the air can come out, bleed the system again and if it's still an issue it will either be a rubber hose or a crack in the fuel system somewhere. 

Might be making progress here..

I removed the stop solenoid. Unless I push the plunger in while ignition is on- it will not go in itself.

Is it supposed to pull in by itself? When it pulls in - it seems to hold until it starts cranking when it then releases it.