Timberwolf 230 DHB Starting Issues

jurassic86

45 minutes ago, jurassic86 said:

Thanks guys,

Will give this a go. Is this a normal problem? Will I need to crank off injectors to bleed them given its been stuck closed for such a long period of time.

Shouldn't have to crack injectors unless the system is completely dry. Even then with enough turning over they self bleed usually.

47 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

If it starts ok from cold but tits about when hot I would be looking at the temperature switch.

Bob

Guys I think its something to do with this fuel pump. The fuel comes out at bleed screw but not at injectors.

I've took photo of the pump without the solenoid on does this look right 

IMG_20210106_143509.jpg

1 minute ago, Paddy1000111 said:

It does sound like an air lock. Have you got the air out of the lines completely yet? Is the filter now full? I know you have fuel coming out of the bleed screw but that doesn't mean that the pump head is full, especially if you have air in the injector lines

I've taken the nuts off Injectors 1 and 4 and cranked for a good 30/40 seconds. Having never done anything like this before I am not sure what the norm is to bleed air out of the system but just recalling the issue from the start, the issue began when the engine had been running for a good few hours.

It was only when they turned it off and restarted it the problem first appeared. It did eventually start when warm and then today it would not start at all.

The pre-filter (inline) does have fuel inside it although not full.

1 minute ago, jurassic86 said:

I've taken the nuts off Injectors 1 and 4 and cranked for a good 30/40 seconds. Having never done anything like this before I am not sure what the norm is to bleed air out of the system but just recalling the issue from the start, the issue began when the engine had been running for a good few hours.

It was only when they turned it off and restarted it the problem first appeared. It did eventually start when warm and then today it would not start at all.

The pre-filter (inline) does have fuel inside it although not full.

I would get that air out the pre-filter just because it's going to drag it in eventually. You could put it upright and disconnect the hose from the electric pump and flick the ignition on to prime it, it will also check that the electric pump is working properly at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, jurassic86 said:

Is the fuel pump electric or mechanical on these? Does the temp switch cut off work via the solenoid that I have removed? 

There's a low pressure electric diaphragm pump post the pre-filter (silver filter looking thing with wires coming out of it) then the injector pump is mechanical. The mechanical pump is low volume, high pressure and air bubbles make it s*** itself. If you have air in the line between the pump and the injectors then the injectors don't pop-off and hence you get no start or missing on one cylinder

• Like 1