For sale - Sycamore - very large - green

Newman Maintenance

og-image-placeholder-blank.png WWW.CHANTLERTIMBER.CO.UK
Chantler Timber - Nationwide buyers and suppliers of mature round hardwood timber and freehold woodland
Try these , there was always some one else who pacifically was asking for sycamore in the forestry journal but it’s been a long time since I read one.

Phone a timber merchant and ask for a slab that size.
Then phone a sawmiller.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 05/01/2021 at 21:49, woody paul said:

That picture was took a little while ago as leafs were still on it when felled and i am guessing owner wants it gone, can not see timber merchant wanting it as to knotty. 

Just crack on and firewood it hard work if you can not get big machine near it to cart away or brake it down, that's tree work some times.

Wasn't that long ago to be fair (end of October) and it's much less knotty on the long lengths, can post more pics of anyone is interested.

Access is good. The owner will want it shifted relatively soon which is why I'm checking on here before I plank and process it :)

really just checking for interest and if anyone has a rough idea what is worth per m3 

2 hours ago, muttley9050 said:
On 05/01/2021 at 21:29, AHPP said:

Freehand everything above bicep height off for firewood and then appraise?

I'm with this. Could get some cracking big Slabs out of the middle of that if you get it right. Much easier to get the mill on once you have taken the top of to.

Yep, that's my thinking to be honest. Was offered a price by a sawmill but just seemed really low, less than I'd get for firewood just for a couple of the smaller branches

Yep, that's my thinking to be honest. Was offered a price by a sawmill but just seemed really low, less than I'd get for firewood just for a couple of the smaller branches

He’s right.
As a log I’d charge you to remove it.
It’s worthless unless you know how to, and have the equipment to convert it.
[emoji106]
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Newman Maintenance said:

What price you looking for ? for it to be removed from site asap,,,

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

What price you looking for ? for it to be removed from site asap,,,

Hi, PM with me a price please.

I'm not in a major rush to shift it so I'm not going to sell it for cheap just to shift it.

Have a luthier coming to look at some and as I said I can plan it over time anyway but if it's worthwhile selling in bulk I will definitely.

Thanks

23 hours ago, Newman Maintenance said:

Wasn't that long ago to be fair (end of October) and it's much less knotty on the long lengths, can post more pics of anyone is interested.

Access is good. The owner will want it shifted relatively soon which is why I'm checking on here before I plank and process it :)

really just checking for interest and if anyone has a rough idea what is worth per m3 

It's been on the deck in the customers garden / land for 2-2.5 months and you've not moved it yet? :Eek:

Edited by swinny